BBO Discussion Forums: GIB has trouble counting and planning? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GIB has trouble counting and planning?

#1 User is offline   2200 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-May-08, 11:51

2C inverted raise. I know 2S is a bad bid but GIB is very vulnerable handling disturbing, but it won't matter at all, since EW are too rich.
I'm glad I found a good lead, H9, but still, it won't matter at all. All declarer has to do is to set up clubs first, and it will be another boring dull board.
No! GIB cashed spade ACE then try clubs. Suddenly I have an entry and my lead paid off. H8 went through hearts again and GIB went down in one of the coldest dullest 3NT。

From machine's point of view, I still don't get it. What's the purpose of cashing spade Ace first?

Of course, compare to my previous "all time greatest" posts, this is nothing.

#2 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2021-May-08, 13:23

2200 '2C inverted raise. I know 2S is a bad bid but GIB is very vulnerable handling disturbing, but it won't matter at all, since EW are too rich. I'm glad I found a good lead, H9, but still, it won't matter at all. All declarer has to do is to set up clubs first, and it will be another boring dull board. No! GIB cashed spade ACE then try clubs. Suddenly I have an entry and my lead paid off. H8 went through hearts again and GIB went down in one of the coldest dullest 3NT。From machine's point of view, I still don't get it. What's the purpose of cashing spade Ace first?Of course, compare to my previous "all time greatest" posts, this is nothing.'
+++++++++++++++++++
GIB was better before recent fixes introduced new bugs. When BBO's programmer can spare time from increasing revenue and coping with new customers, we can hope for improvement. A radical solution might be to replace GIB.

#3 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-May-08, 13:57

View Post2200, on 2021-May-08, 11:51, said:

From machine's point of view, I still don't get it. What's the purpose of cashing spade Ace first?

From the machine's point of view, you're 100% guaranteed to have the (other, presumably North played one) heart honor due to your bid. It has never been able to distinguish "equal" lines of play.

#4 User is offline   2200 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-May-08, 14:59

View Postsmerriman, on 2021-May-08, 13:57, said:

From the machine's point of view, you're 100% guaranteed to have the (other, presumably North played one) heart honor due to your bid. It has never been able to distinguish "equal" lines of play.

Good point. GIB indeed leads internal sequence, such as 9 from K98x.
Still, I was disappointed that GIB did not apply avoidance play in clubs(N is not the dangerous defender). Of course, the requirement probably is too high for GIB。

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users