Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Slowing down deals

#1 User is offline   bewell1 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-July-17, 18:54

Is it possible to slow the next deal? my friends and I like to play together but we would like to be able to discuss the recent play and instead we get an instant deal pushing us into the next game. The history function isn’t really very useful since what we really want is a pause in the deal. is this possible?

#2 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-July-17, 19:41

View Postbewell1, on 2020-July-17, 18:54, said:

Is it possible to slow the next deal? my friends and I like to play together but we would like to be able to discuss the recent play and instead we get an instant deal pushing us into the next game. The history function isn’t really very useful since what we really want is a pause in the deal. is this possible?

Why is the history not useful? It shows all the bidding and play, so you can discuss it. You can pause as long as you want; what difference does it make that a new hand has appeared?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#3 User is offline   bewell1 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-July-18, 07:03

Thanks—I guess we are feeling pressured to move on and would like to control the pace better.

#4 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-July-18, 07:46

If you set the option 'Permission required to play' when creating the table, then you will not be warned about slow play nor replaced by a robot, which is one of the aspects of the platform that can create pressure to play quickly.

When playing at your own table, just play at your own pace - no-one else should care.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users