BBO Discussion Forums: Scores in before all the tables done - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Scores in before all the tables done

#1 User is offline   onoway 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-September-17, 10:41

Hi I was astonished this morning to have all the scores for our hands posted on the movie while there were at least 10 tables left playing. The ranking found at the top of the movie wasn't there, just all the hand scores. The ranking only showed after all the tables were finished. I've never seen that happen before. How does that work, please?

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-September-17, 13:37

I believe that scores are provided once a certain percentage (or a certain number, not sure which) of players have completed a given board. If there were still 10 players playing when you finished, but 20 players were done, your scores are based on the players who are done, and get adjusted as the others finish.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-September-17, 14:30

Are you saying that you saw your percentages on the boards, or you were able to click on "Other Tables" and see other pairs' results on boards?

#4 User is offline   onoway 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-September-18, 08:54

View Postbarmar, on 2013-September-17, 14:30, said:

Are you saying that you saw your percentages on the boards, or you were able to click on "Other Tables" and see other pairs' results on boards?

My scores for all the hands were on the movie while there were still a bunch of unfinished tables. I've never seen that before.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2013-September-18, 09:14

If it's a clocked tourney, we wait until all the tables are finished with a round before showing scores for that round. But I think in unclocked tourneys, we'll start showing your score for a board as soon as the number of other results reaches a threshold.

#6 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-November-13, 23:09

View Postbarmar, on 2013-September-18, 09:14, said:

If it's a clocked tourney, we wait until all the tables are finished with a round before showing scores for that round. But I think in unclocked tourneys, we'll start showing your score for a board as soon as the number of other results reaches a threshold.

That threshhold must be lower than I expected it would be. In a 10-player GIB tournament tonight, I finished the first hand quickly. My score registered as 2nd place, 0%. Then, it updated to 2-3 place, 25%; then 2-4 place, 50%. Apparently, having 2 of 10 tables completing that first board was enough to register scores.

#7 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2013-November-14, 11:16

Robot tourneys don't have "rounds" (or you could consider the entire tourney as one long round), so the clocked/unclocked distinction doesn't exist. They'll show scores for a board as soon as any comparisons are available, and periodically update them.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users