Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Instant Tourneys

#1 User is offline   dave251164 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-November-27, 06:36

Has anyone noticed that the GIBS at their table do something completely different to what happens at most if not ALL of the other tables?!
For example 1D (by me) Pass Pass double but for others 1D P P 1S (overcalled on a poor 4 card suit)
Another example would be my GIB partner opens a weak 2D, but at the other tables it passes and lets me open instead.

The only thing I can think of is that at least some of the hands being 'fetched' were played by GIBS some time ago when they were weaker and now I have an improved GIB for a partner and as defenders.

Maybe the hands chosen could be more recent ones, that have been played by GIBS with the current configuration/strength so they at least start off bidding the same to make it a fairer comparison and less of a lottery?

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-November-27, 07:15

Yup, you have it right. The tourneys are from about 4 years ago, when GIB was less evolved.

Extensive discussion here
http://www.bridgebas...post__p__752447
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-November-27, 09:49

View Post1eyedjack, on 2013-November-27, 07:15, said:

Yup, you have it right. The tourneys are from about 4 years ago, when GIB was less evolved.

Actually, we updated them a month or so ago with newer tourneys, from 2012 I think. But there are still enough differences that you see the effects.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users