BBO Discussion Forums: BBO web-client version 1.47Q comments thread - BBO Discussion Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO web-client version 1.47Q comments thread Please post feedback here

#41 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-July-23, 22:05

barmar, on 2013-July-23, 14:42, said:

The spam check just checks if you send tourney invites too frequently, it's checked at the sending time, not after checking whether it was successful.

Turn on the option to get notified when a friend signs on. Then wait for the option and invite him.

*OR* - program BBO spam check filter to ignore invites to offline players. This thread is after all in the Suggestions for the Software subforum, not BBO Support.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#42 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2013-August-03, 03:22

I am sure that this must be repetition, but I think that the inability to log on invisible in the web version is a significant weakness compared with the Windows downloadable client. I frequently log on without wishing to engage in chat with players who have marked me as friend, but then ignoring them seems rude, and marking them as enemies seems extreme (and some of them may actually be friends).
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,

#43 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-August-03, 05:05

There's a checkbox for "log in as invisible" in the webclient, above "remember password". Did you mean the app?

#44 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2013-August-03, 09:22

Antrax, on 2013-August-03, 05:05, said:

There's a checkbox for "log in as invisible" in the webclient, above "remember password". Did you mean the app?

Sorry you are right, belay that. I keep getting them mixed up

#45 User is offline   mink 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-August-07, 17:05

Again I encountered the problem I described in posts #32 and #33 of this thread. Summary: If I set up a pickup team game and get request to play by chat from players using the old software, it happens that I get the message that a seat is occupied though it is free. This is really a bug and I would like to know if you can reproduce it and if it is scheduled to be fixed.

Requests to sit issued by players using the web-client, where no chat is involved, always work.

Karl

#46 User is offline   HeavyDluxe 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-August-07, 19:56

Simple feature request: The ability to color-code or otherwise flag different kinds of friends. For example, I would personally like to be able to distinguish between people who I like to play with (including a small subset who are glad to do so) and people who would never play with me in a million years but who are worth kibitzing to learn.

#47 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-August-07, 21:54

HeavyDluxe, on 2013-August-07, 19:56, said:

Simple feature request: The ability to color-code or otherwise flag different kinds of friends. For example, I would personally like to be able to distinguish between people who I like to play with (including a small subset who are glad to do so) and people who would never play with me in a million years but who are worth kibitzing to learn.

I dont use this feature personally so maybe someone with more experience can help and/or correct me if I'm mistaken, but on the main page in the bottom right, click "My friends" then right click on one of your friends. A box pops up, click "Select category". Click "New Category" and if I understand it correctly, you can now assign a color to different groups or categories of friends in your list.
OK
bed

#48 User is offline   HeavyDluxe 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-August-08, 07:01

jjbrr, on 2013-August-07, 21:54, said:

I dont use this feature personally so maybe someone with more experience can help and/or correct me if I'm mistaken, but on the main page in the bottom right, click "My friends" then right click on one of your friends. A box pops up, click "Select category". Click "New Category" and if I understand it correctly, you can now assign a color to different groups or categories of friends in your list.

Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle... Look at that. It works, Jeremy. Thanks!

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users