• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Omar Sharif II A weird hand in this program

#1 User is offline   Lesh18 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-April-17, 18:54

Hey all

1) Playing Omar Sharif II game application on symbian, I came across this weird hand: My partner (computer) was sitting north with this hand (which I found out later)

I was opening the bidding with 1NT, and my partner bid 3. I though it is some kind of a jacoby transfers or something, so I bid 3 but he kept rebidding hearts (as seen in thes schedule):

My question is, what time of a convention is it? Apparently he was strong in spades, but he bid hearts, and kept rebiddig hearts.
Or is it just a bug in the program?

2) Omar Sharif II is mobile phone application. Do you know this game? Do you know what kind of conventions are used in the game, apart from those listed in the "bidding conventions"?

3) What is a "2NT = 11-12" convention? Is it an opening bid of 2NT balanced hand, 11-12 pts, or is it just an overcall? Is it convenient to use this? Tradition 2NT opening is 20-21, so this may be an overcall or a rebid.

Thanks

Thanks

#2 User is offline   Cthulhu D 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Overbidding

Posted 2012-April-17, 18:59

View PostLesh18, on 2012-April-17, 18:54, said:

3) What is a "2NT = 11-12" convention? Is it an opening bid of 2NT balanced hand, 11-12 pts, or is it just an overcall? Is it convenient to use this? Tradition 2NT opening is 20-21, so this may be an overcall or a rebid.

Cannot answer your other questions sorry, but 2NT = 11-12 is typically in response to an opening of 1 of a minor. So 1C-2NT is invitational to 3NT.

#3 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-April-17, 19:32

(1) Bug in the program.
(2) It was kind of a horrible PC program, apparently someone bought the source code and ported it to mobile platform. I doubt it's worth your time, it's going to make bids like that and play just as bad. Stick to playing GIB on BBO online, or get a copy of either Jack or Wbridge5 which have been consistently the best programs in recent computer competitions.

(3)what Cthulhu said, invitational response to opening bid, usually played only after minor suit openings.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users