• You cannot reply to this topic

onlime marketers

#1 User is offline   babalu1997 

• Duchess of Malaprop
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:i am not interested

Posted 2011-December-07, 13:54

Over the years i have purchased many online services and products.

One thing I enjoy is the automation of it-- cancel the service, opt out of the survey and it is done.

I have been looking to purchase some whiteboard/conferencing membership so i looked at various sites, which generally offer a trial period or a freebie board.

I found 2 that i liked and joined one of them as a guest with full intention of purchasing the membership. i sent an email to the helpdesk inquiring on some needed features and listed ahem, my real name and phone number.

I was a hairline away from purchasing the product but wanted to wait till the new year until i upgraded computer, etc...
There were several pricing options and many of them quite attractive an i was to buy a mid-range one.

upon receiving my inquiry, a telemarketer called, I said i was very interested, but he said:

IF YOU BUY MEMBERSHIP FOR A WHOLE YEAR, I GIVE YOU A 2 MONTH DISCOUNT

(I could live with that, the stuff is inexpensive enough)

BUT YOU HAVE TO BUY TODAY, THIS TYPE OF MEMBERSHIP IS GOING AWAY!!!!

(even if it did, my budget could probably accomodate 2.5 times the monthly dues, surely i can wait three weeks)

IF YOU DONT BUY TODAY, BABALU, I WILL CANCEL YOUR USERNAME.

(Gee, go ahead, can you cancel my username in other places in the net where I hope my persona is dead? i can pay for that too)

BUT IF YOU SIGN TODAY I WILL BE YOUR PERSONAL TUTOR

(This did it, it completely turned me off from the site and i am glad i did not put my card number there lol)

plus the water cooler buddies had already taught me to draw on a collaboration board several months ago.

still i am suspicious, i have never encoutered any desperate website, really weird

View PostFree, on 2011-May-10, 03:57, said:

Babalu just wanted a shoulder to cry on, is that too much to ask for?

#2 User is offline   mikeh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2011-December-07, 16:34

From the topic title, I had expected a story about buying citrus fruits. Oh well.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#3 User is offline   mwalimu02 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-December-10, 23:52

mikeh, on 2011-December-07, 16:34, said:

From the topic title, I had expected a story about buying citrus fruits. Oh well.

LOL! :D

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users