Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Barry's best speech in years

#1 User is offline   jonottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-December-06, 13:31

Watching Obama talking about income inequality and finally vigorously taking on the insanity of deregulation and trickle down economics. Where's he been for the last 3 years (and why didn't he take this stand when the Bush tax cuts expired?)

It's the middle class, stupid
"Maybe we should all get together and buy Kaitlyn a box set of "All in the Family" for Chanukah. Archie didn't think he was a racist, the problem was with all the chinks, dagos, niggers, kikes, etc. ruining the country." ~ barmar

#2 User is offline   jdeegan 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Economics
    Finance
    Bridge bidding theory
    Cooking
    Downhill skiing

Posted 2011-December-06, 15:55

:P IMHO if Barry boy showed a little leadership and (God Forbid) some balls, he could walk into a second term. When Bill Gates and Warren Buffet both advocate taxing the rich to balance the Federal budget, it can't be all that far-fetched. It may be a poor long-term strategy, but for the next five years or so it does make sense to raise the necessary money where you find it.

#3 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-December-07, 13:00

I'm more than halfway through and I have learned that he is in favor of education and science. He is opposed to bad debt, in favor of good products. Construction workers should be building roads.

It might be interesting to go over his speech with its quotes from TR and claims of TRs positions and see if they stand up.

He started by saying "I got my name from my father and my values from my mother". Now that's a statement that caught my attention. I expect it is true, but it still caught my attention.

I voted for Obama, I will probably vote for him again, but I find his speeches almost unbearable.
Ken

#4 User is offline   nigel_k 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-December-07, 13:10

View Postkenberg, on 2011-December-07, 13:00, said:

I voted for Obama, I will probably vote for him again, but I find his speeches almost unbearable.

Thinking people have learned that politicians are best judged by their actions, not by relying on their words. So speeches are mainly intended to persuade the other sort of people.

#5 User is offline   jdeegan 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Economics
    Finance
    Bridge bidding theory
    Cooking
    Downhill skiing

Posted 2011-December-07, 21:00

View Postnigel_k, on 2011-December-07, 13:10, said:

Thinking people have learned that politicians are best judged by their actions, not by relying on their words. So speeches are mainly intended to persuade the other sort of people.

:P Ta dah! and obama's actions would be???????????????????????

#6 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-December-08, 11:58

Unfortunately, it's the non-actions - or the "actions that haven't been changed from the Bush administration" that stand out in my mind.

But a lot of his actions should in fact be hidden - because until he can get his cats herded, the Republican "Obama will be a 'do nothing' President, if we have to kill the country to do it" strategy will work.

Sometimes, I'm glad to only be American by proxy - as in, what they do down there affects me, and I can't do anything about it.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#7 User is offline   mwalimu02 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-December-10, 23:49

View Postjdeegan, on 2011-December-06, 15:55, said:

:P IMHO if Barry boy showed a little leadership and (God Forbid) some balls, he could walk into a second term. When Bill Gates and Warren Buffet both advocate taxing the rich to balance the Federal budget, it can't be all that far-fetched. It may be a poor long-term strategy, but for the next five years or so it does make sense to raise the necessary money where you find it.

Lol! I agree Barry should get his act right.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users