• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Keystroke shortcuts

#1 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2009-January-19, 03:28

My hands get tired from all the mousing (or trackpadding). How about some keystroke shortcuts for all the menus?

#2 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2009-January-19, 08:14

Fred once wrote this......

Everywhere

<Ctrl>+R “Reply” to last private chat message
<Ctrl>+B Same as “BACK” button
<Ctrl>+F Changes the chat “Font”
<Ctrl>+P Modify User “Profile”
<Ctrl>+W Toggles between “Wide” and normal screen

Lobby

<Ctrl>+V Changes the “View” (cycles)

List of Tables

<Ctrl>+V Changes the “View” (cycles)

At Table (playing/kibitzing)

<Ctrl>+K Chat to “Kibitzers”
<Ctrl>+L Chat to “Lobby”
<Ctrl>+S “Send” chat to table
<Ctrl>+T “Table” options dialog (or chat->tourney if in a tourney)

Playing at a table

<Ctrl>+O Chat to “Opponents”
<Ctrl>+C Bring up the “Claim” dialog
<Ctrl>+U Request an “Undo”
<Ctrl>+D Request a “reDeal”
<F7> Your hand is spoken (if Voice enabled)
<F8> Dummy is spoken (if Voice enabled)

These work in the windows client, I have not tried the Flash one with any of these.
--Ben--

#3 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2009-January-19, 08:31

Thanks for posting this list, Ben.

At this point in time none of the shortcuts are available in the web client. At some point in time (I don't know when) I expect most of them will.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#4 User is offline   kevincline 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2010-April-01, 15:09

I second this motion. Using a mouse is extremely tiresome for me. Last night I tried using the BBO web interface with a laptop mousepad, and that was nearly unbearable.
Also, I make far fewer mechanical errors playing with the keyboard, so until the web interface is improved I will stick with the old windows client.

More generally, I would happily pay a subscription fee to have an advertising-free open interface to BBO. Also I would love to be able to use BBO from my IPhone, but that will require a new custom interface for the small screen. If BBO had an open interface, I think we would soon see a BBO app for the IPhone. I would probably write one.

#5 User is offline   MikeJ 

• PipPip

Posted 2011-January-20, 20:40

fred, on 2009-January-19, 08:31, said:

At some point in time (I don't know when) I expect most of them will.

Really? It's two years later...

I won't be switching until they show up. :)

#6 User is offline   ramanan 

• Pip

Posted 2011-January-29, 19:17

Would it be possible to play hands using keystrokes like you can do on the windows client? With a laptop it is very inconvenient to constantly be using a mousepad and it gets very tiring after a while. I don't mind clicking on menus but i would prefer to use keystrokes while playing.

#7 User is offline   ahydra 

• AQT92 AQ --- QJ6532
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-January-30, 06:38

I use the web client and miss the keyboard shortcuts. Would be glad to see them implemented.

Also can you switch the hotkey for "ten" to 0 rather than T, so when I type "typ" at the beginning of a hand it doesn't automatically play dummy's ten? :)

ahydra

#8 User is offline   ms lincoln 

• Pip

Posted 2011-February-16, 17:25

Since I cannot use the control lobby key to advertise for players when using the web client, how else can I do it. Also any update as to when the key shortcuts will be available. Thanks.

#9 User is offline   Rain 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-February-16, 20:26

I don't think keyboard shortcuts are going to make it to the new version anytime soon, though Fred has said he expects to try and make them available sometime...

Instead of lobby chat, the idea is that finding a game is made extremely easy. I assume you mean team matches, because normal game tables fill up very fast in general.
Team matches can be opened without 8 players. Just open, and wait for it to fill. Once players catch on to this, it will fill up fast.

In both casual play and team match, we're working on ways to more easily, and accurately match up players. You should never have to send chat to lobby to find a game.
"More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits."

John Nelson.

#10 User is offline   granguru 

• PipPip

Posted 2011-June-21, 07:24

0 carbon, on 2009-January-19, 03:28, said:

My hands get tired from all the mousing (or trackpadding). How about some keystroke shortcuts for all the menus?

what about customization of some funtions for temporay or permanent use such as:

automatic pass (autopass when one knows you will never enter the auction
automatic alert (when defined art bids in system, even explanation may be extracted optionally from the CC)
specially defined key for regular repeated messages such as "hello, we play 2/1, 1430, udca, michaels, capp"
automatic change of screen distribution after a hand ends, to see scores, and playing field expansion when a
new hand is to be bidded by the player.
automatic setup of last used parametrization (font size, friends coming in, vugraph boradcast, etc)

#11 User is offline   granguru 

• PipPip

Posted 2011-June-21, 07:35

there could be an improuvement in the future, such as

automatic autopass (toggle key) when you know you are not entering the bidding
automatic play of singletons (already there if selected)
automatic play of lowest cards when only spots(or hi-low when even number)
automatic changes og screen's display in accordance to the needs. (after finishing a hand
the results area opens automatically) when you start bidding the next hand a full screen is
automatically restored for the purpose
automatic save of last parametrization(font size, friends entering, chat size, etc)
automatic alert of conventional leads an other play of the cards
automatic alert and explanations of specific bids to opponents according to the CC used, if opp wish
automatic display of specific messages, such as "hello, we are playing 2/1, 1430, udca, Michaels and Capp"

I whish and expect BBO will improuve in thisd field in the future

john a.k.a. granguru

#12 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-June-21, 12:25

I'm now imagining that a player with a Yarborough might just click all the "auto-play" options and walk away. :)

#13 User is offline   babalu1997 

• Duchess of Malaprop
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:i am not interested

Posted 2011-December-22, 07:50

kevincline, on 2010-April-01, 15:09, said:

I second this motion. Using a mouse is extremely tiresome for me. Last night I tried using the BBO web interface with a laptop mousepad, and that was nearly unbearable.
Also, I make far fewer mechanical errors playing with the keyboard, so until the web interface is improved I will stick with the old windows client.

More generally, I would happily pay a subscription fee to have an advertising-free open interface to BBO. Also I would love to be able to use BBO from my IPhone, but that will require a new custom interface for the small screen. If BBO had an open interface, I think we would soon see a BBO app for the IPhone. I would probably write one.

i just plug a regular mouse , and keyboard to lap tops, i have never been able to use a mouse pad, and i erase the keyboard letter, so cheap keybaord plugged in

View PostFree, on 2011-May-10, 03:57, said:

Babalu just wanted a shoulder to cry on, is that too much to ask for?

#14 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2011-December-22, 14:34

babalu1997, on 2011-December-22, 07:50, said:

i have never been able to use a mouse pad

I think you mean trackpad. A mouse pad is a square piece of (usually) rubber that you put under a mechanical mouse, so that the ball will get more friction than against a smooth table surface. I also like to use it with optical mice, because I don't like the scraping feeling and noise when the hard mouse bottom moves against the hard tabletop.

And I'm with you -- I dislike trackpads and that old "eraser" thing in the middle of the keyboard, and I find most laptop keyboards a pain to use, so I've always preferred an external keyboard and mouse.

#15 User is offline   sandip2010 

• Pip

Posted 2012-February-10, 09:29

0 carbon, on 2009-January-19, 03:28, said:

THE SPACEBAR SHOULD BE USED FOR PASS. C,D,H,S KEYS TO BID CLUBS, DIAMONDS, HEARTS AND SPADES AT MINIMUM LEVEL. NO JUMP.
THOSE SAME LETTERS BY PRESSING CONTROL KEY MEANS A SINGLE JUMP.

ESC FOR UNDO

IF YOU AT LEAST INTRODUCE THESE CHANGES LIFE WILL BE LESS PAINFUL

#16 User is offline   Mike788 

• Pip

Posted 2012-April-15, 03:18

It seems my mother has somehow used a short key to grey out her chat bar. Now she keeps calling me how to ungrey the chat box where you enter your text.

Can anybody please tell me how she can unlock the in room chat box again because she lives to far away to help here at location and she is addicted to this game it seems.

Thanks in advance!

#17 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-April-15, 03:48

Mike788, on 2012-April-15, 03:18, said:

It seems my mother has somehow used a short key to grey out her chat bar. Now she keeps calling me how to ungrey the chat box where you enter your text.

Can anybody please tell me how she can unlock the in room chat box again because she lives to far away to help here at location and she is addicted to this game it seems.

Thanks in advance!

Maybe she dragged the line above the chat area too low, and now she has chat on the right, in a side-tab. She can try to click the grey line and drag it up to put chat back at the bottom of the screen. She has to left-click, hold down the left mouse button, and drag upward. This will move the grey line up.

#18 User is offline   Mike788 

• Pip

Posted 2012-April-15, 03:50

diana_eva, on 2012-April-15, 03:48, said:

Maybe she dragged the line above the chat area too low, and now she has chat on the right, in a side-tab. She can try to click the grey line and drag it up to put chat back at the bottom of the screen. She has to left-click, hold down the left mouse button, and drag upward. This will move the grey line up.

I will try to have her do this. Thank you very much!

#19 User is online   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2012-September-09, 08:21

trouble with additional autoplays of card.
cards are played extremely fast so people will know you have yarborough.
this is already true of autoplay singletons. this is extremely unfair as partner will know to give you a ruff.
autoplay singletons should be removed
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#20 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2012-September-09, 13:03

Autoplay singletons has a built-in delay in the web version, to make it hard to tell when it's happening (except for dummy, since there's no secret about its hand, or when playing against robots because they don't notice your tempo). If we ever implement any of these other autoplay suggestions, they will certainly use the same policy.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users