BBO Discussion Forums: clock problems - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

clock problems who is at fault?

#1 User is offline   bobmcc 

  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 11
  • Joined: 2010-December-09
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2023-January-16, 12:06

Is there a way to get the clock recording to determine who is wasting the most time.
0

#2 User is offline   stanmaz 

  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 81
  • Joined: 2019-December-18

Posted 2023-January-16, 15:47

View Postbobmcc, on 2023-January-16, 12:06, said:

Is there a way to get the clock recording to determine who is wasting the most time.

Yes, there is an easy way to record all BBO events. The log data is in CSV format and can be easily imported into Excell for further analysis. At the end of each record you will find the timing in miliseconds.It is what you are looking for. Logging of chat conversation can be usefull as evidence in case of rude behaviour.

Short sample from viewgraph :

https://drive.google...skwur8IKeD/view

To enable this feature you need to :

* install the BBOalert browser extension

https://chrome.googl...lkeemegdhehnlcf

* copy these two lines of code into the clipboard :

BBOalert
Javascript,https://github.com/stanmaz/BBOalert/blob/master/Plugins/stanmazPlugin.js

* open the BBO session
* execute "Data.../Paste (new)" commands in BBOalert
* open the "Plugin settings..." menu and select the "BBO Event logging" command
* check "Enable log now"

You can find more details about BBOalert on the project page :

https://github.com/stanmaz/BBOalert

If you have any questions : stanmaz.git@gmail.com
0

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 7,494
  • Joined: 2014-February-18
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Italy

Posted 2023-January-16, 16:41

This is in the wrong forum.

The Director of a paid Tournament also has access to clock information, although I have yet to see one use it even on request when it is unequivocal.
0

#4 User is online   thepossum 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,453
  • Joined: 2018-July-04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 2023-February-10, 05:13

View Postbobmcc, on 2023-January-16, 12:06, said:

Is there a way to get the clock recording to determine who is wasting the most time.


Good to know what level experts are at :)

I realise most experts hang out in other forums.
0

#5 User is offline   the hog 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,728
  • Joined: 2003-March-07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Laos
  • Interests:Wagner and Bridge

Posted 2023-February-15, 00:30

There is a BBO add in you can download from Bridge Winners. This gives times and does DD analyses.
"The King of Hearts a broadsword bears, the Queen of Hearts a rose." W. H. Auden.
0

#6 User is offline   pescetom 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 7,494
  • Joined: 2014-February-18
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Italy

Posted 2023-February-15, 04:10

View Postthe hog, on 2023-February-15, 00:30, said:

There is a BBO add in you can download from Bridge Winners. This gives times and does DD analyses.


There are two such ad ins, unrelated to BW.
One is BBO Alert, referenced above, the other is BBO Helper (which I find easier to live with if you don't need all the features of BBO Alert).
0

#7 User is offline   the hog 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,728
  • Joined: 2003-March-07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Laos
  • Interests:Wagner and Bridge

Posted 2023-February-16, 21:53

I said "Download FROM BW. I did not say they have anything to do with BW
"The King of Hearts a broadsword bears, the Queen of Hearts a rose." W. H. Auden.
0

#8 User is offline   pescetom 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 7,494
  • Joined: 2014-February-18
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Italy

Posted 2023-February-18, 16:19

View Postthe hog, on 2023-February-16, 21:53, said:

I said "Download FROM BW. I did not say they have anything to do with BW


No problem, but still not sure what you mean.
BW offers EXPLORE/Tools which does not work for me and SHOP/Software which has only obsolete LC stuff.

Stanmaz offers the link to install BBO Alert in a post above.

To install BBO Helper for chrome use this link, google for other browsers.
0

#9 User is offline   Gilithin 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 972
  • Joined: 2014-November-13
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2023-October-25, 19:31

I very much doubt the statistics BBO kicks out deal with players who are waiting for explanations from their opponents. My experience is that on very slow tables, trying to persuade opps to give up their precious (and apparently private) agreements takes much longer than any thinking time. Every time I have been at a table that failed to complete a round, this was the root cause.
0

#10 User is offline   paulg 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 5,063
  • Joined: 2003-April-26
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scottish Borders

Posted 2023-October-26, 02:52

View PostGilithin, on 2023-October-25, 19:31, said:

I very much doubt the statistics BBO kicks out deal with players who are waiting for explanations from their opponents. My experience is that on very slow tables, trying to persuade opps to give up their precious (and apparently private) agreements takes much longer than any thinking time. Every time I have been at a table that failed to complete a round, this was the root cause.

The BBO statistics available to directors of paid tournaments include the time taken to respond to a question.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades
0

#11 User is offline   cloa513 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,528
  • Joined: 2008-December-02

Posted 2023-October-26, 03:11

View Poststanmaz, on 2023-January-16, 15:47, said:

Yes, there is an easy way to record all BBO events. The log data is in CSV format and can be easily imported into Excell for further analysis. At the end of each record you will find the timing in miliseconds.It is what you are looking for. Logging of chat conversation can be usefull as evidence in case of rude behaviour.

Short sample from viewgraph :

https://drive.google...skwur8IKeD/view

To enable this feature you need to :

* install the BBOalert browser extension

https://chrome.googl...lkeemegdhehnlcf

* copy these two lines of code into the clipboard :

BBOalert
Javascript,https://github.com/stanmaz/BBOalert/blob/master/Plugins/stanmazPlugin.js

* open the BBO session
* execute "Data.../Paste (new)" commands in BBOalert
* open the "Plugin settings..." menu and select the "BBO Event logging" command
* check "Enable log now"

You can find more details about BBOalert on the project page :

https://github.com/stanmaz/BBOalert

If you have any questions : stanmaz.git@gmail.com



Which doesn't tell who is wasting the most time only who is using the most time.
0

#12 User is offline   Gilithin 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 972
  • Joined: 2014-November-13
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2023-October-26, 03:34

View Postpaulg, on 2023-October-26, 02:52, said:

The BBO statistics available to directors of paid tournaments include the time taken to respond to a question.

Do they also include the time taken until the explanation is full and correct?
0

#13 User is offline   paulg 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 5,063
  • Joined: 2003-April-26
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scottish Borders

Posted 2023-October-26, 05:37

View PostGilithin, on 2023-October-26, 03:34, said:

Do they also include the time taken until the explanation is full and correct?

Yes, you can see all the chat.

Of course the TD has to look at the log and, if necessary, decide when an explanation is sufficient in making a judgment.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades
0

#14 User is offline   pescetom 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 7,494
  • Joined: 2014-February-18
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Italy

Posted 2023-October-26, 06:38

View Postpaulg, on 2023-October-26, 05:37, said:

Yes, you can see all the chat.

Of course the TD has to look at the log and, if necessary, decide when an explanation is sufficient in making a judgment.

Does the log allow the TD to trace any changes made to the text in the Explanation box rather than in Chat to the table?
Even quite recently a TD of a paid tournament told me she could not check whether the explanation was changed after my TD call (as I pointed out) or not.

[Edit two days later: can nobody answer this simple question? ]
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users