Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Age cut-off?

#1 User is offline   blindsey 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-May-11, 17:24

Trying to look at the Natural Bidding forum, I get "No topics were found. This is either because there are no topics in this forum, or the topics are older than the current age cut-off."

So what's the current age cut-off? Can I override it and see older postings? Hard to believe there aren't any recent posting in this forum anyway.

#2 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-May-11, 18:44

See this recent topic:

Number of Topics

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-May-12, 13:08

About 74 in the recent World Championships, with Lauria and Zia to prove and disprove the rule B-)

#4 User is offline   JJE 0 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-May-13, 08:20

View Postpescetom, on 2022-May-12, 13:08, said:

About 74 in the recent World Championships, with Lauria and Zia to prove and disprove the rule B-)

Good one :)

I thought that's what this was about too, but I couldn't figure out why or how anyone would want to restrict players who are [over/under] the age of [xx]

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-May-17, 10:17

View PostJJE 0, on 2022-May-13, 08:20, said:

Good one :)

I thought that's what this was about too, but I couldn't figure out why or how anyone would want to restrict players who are [over/under] the age of [xx]

Well, there are junior tournaments exclusively for young people, and the are senior tournaments for elderly players (the cutoffs for these have been rising as our age demographics shift).

But none of these are BBO games. I think the only thing we do related to player age is that juniors get free upgrades to advanced robots.

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-May-26, 09:10

IIRC, in ACBL Junior = under 26, and Youth is under 21. I think between 21 and 25 you also have to be a registered student to be eligible for the junior benefits (but they're not always diligent about enforcing this).

#7 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-May-26, 11:31

Is it time for my every-once-in-a-while fanciful suggestion that we should have a NABC+ non-Senior event? After all, it is a discriminated minority of bridge players...

And yes, I know exactly why it hasn't been suggested seriously, and would never be taken up if suggested. I know the real reason, and the cynical one, and I'm pretty certain I have a good idea where on the path the truth lies.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users