BBO Discussion Forums: How to see the tournaments sooner? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to see the tournaments sooner?

#1 User is offline   EarlPurple 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-April-28, 06:25

Probably been asked before but I can't find it here.

By the time the very limited BBO robot duplicate finally appeared on the screen, it was full. How did anyone else register for it if it wasn't yet on the list? At best of times I see 25+ already registerd when it appears on the screen.

I don't know why it has to be limited to just 40. And that at least you could have a priority system to be able to register for the next one.

I also wonder if anyone can have 2 sessions open so they can register for one whilst playing.
You can't keep a good man down

#2 User is offline   EarlPurple 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-April-28, 07:18

This is totally ridiculous. I was waiting and waiting for the registration to appear. The second it appeared it already had 40 registrations, i.e. full.

Do other members have bots to get in? Or they just see them before?
How did 40 others get in whilst I was waiting for it to show?

That's 3 tournaments in a row.

#3 User is offline   EarlPurple 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-April-28, 09:55

so ok for the fourth one I typed Duplicate in the search which gave me no tournaments but then 15 minutes before the start it appeared and I could register. Without the filter it wasn't showing until 13 minutes to go by which time it was often too late.

So found a "workaround".

Came 2nd in it too..

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-May-01, 15:12

You must be talking about the free robot duplicates.

We add these to the schedule a 15 minutes before they start. Since they would fill up quickly no matter when we display them, there's not much point in adding them far in advance.

#5 User is offline   EarlPurple 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-May-08, 15:38

On that day (22 April) I was waiting 15 minutes before the start for it to appear, and it took 2 minutes to appear and was already full - 3 times. Only when I typed Duplicate into the search to get a "filter" did I get to see it a bit sooner.

The other problem is that in the minute or so before it starts, they often "boot" a few players, but I get an error if I try registering then, so they play not full.

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-May-11, 16:44

View PostEarlPurple, on 2022-May-08, 15:38, said:

On that day (22 April) I was waiting 15 minutes before the start for it to appear, and it took 2 minutes to appear and was already full - 3 times. Only when I typed Duplicate into the search to get a "filter" did I get to see it a bit sooner.

When the pandemic started and our load increased, we reduced the frequency of updates of tournament lists to keep from overloading the servers.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users