Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

transfer lebensohl question

#1 User is offline   Shugart23 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-February-18, 13:07

This will be my last question for a while...We play transfer lebensohl, but that doesn't really matter for purposes of this question. Playing precision, partner opens 1D,1H, or 1S and the opponents overcall with a bid of 1NT or higher. Has anyone considered using (transfer) lebensohl in this sequence? eg. any 2 level bid is to play, bid of 2NT is transfer t0 3C and is beginning of an invite ( or a Club bust), and so forth. Opener's HCP is known to be 11-15, so Responder has a pretty good idea of whether to shut it down , invite, or force. Partner and I would do this, but I have never seen it anywhere else.

#2 User is online   DavidKok 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-February-18, 15:00

There is something called the "Good/Bad NT" which is basically standard Lebensohl, although you need firm partnership agreements about when it does and when it doesn't apply. This is not the textbook auction for it to apply, but opposite a limited opener it makes sense to use it here. Also, as always, there are several different versions of the Good/Bad NT, so make sure you and your partner agree on the meaning of bids.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users