BBO Discussion Forums: PC interface/layout automatically switched to tablet/mobile one - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PC interface/layout automatically switched to tablet/mobile one C interface/layout automatically switched to tablet/mobile one

#1 User is offline   lpierallin 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-August-25, 05:08

Hi, I have a PC running with Windows operating system and I had been playing bridge online (with Chrome) on the "classical" interface/layout (the one with the history / accounts / people / messages tabs on the right side and the chat on the bottom)
Now, with apparent no change, such interface has switched to the table/mobile version, that more compact with say history accessible from bid results and the chat on the right side ... this is ok for those devices but for a PC is not necessary and makes the use very fatiguing
I have tried to change the browser to Internet Explorer but I cannot launch BBO, a moving circle keeps running saying loading but nothing changes
Could you help me to restore the previous PC version ?
thank you

#2 User is offline   LionHeart1 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-August-25, 09:41

View Postlpierallin, on 2021-August-25, 05:08, said:

Hi, I have a PC running with Windows operating system and I had been playing bridge online (with Chrome) on the "classical" interface/layout (the one with the history / accounts / people / messages tabs on the right side and the chat on the bottom)
Now, with apparent no change, such interface has switched to the table/mobile version, that more compact with say history accessible from bid results and the chat on the right side ... this is ok for those devices but for a PC is not necessary and makes the use very fatiguing
I have tried to change the browser to Internet Explorer but I cannot launch BBO, a moving circle keeps running saying loading but nothing changes
thank you

Try to decrease the browser's enlarging/reduction factor to 80%.

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-August-25, 15:15

It's not always necessary for those devices either (my tablet has a 10 inch HD screen) but that seems to fall on deaf ears here.

#4 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-August-26, 01:13

The same thing happens on any size monitor if you resize the browser window so that it is small - or as pescetom says reset the font size.
I use a very large television screen attached to my iMAC and get the same thing to happen if I make the window too small.

#5 User is offline   LionHeart1 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-August-26, 01:30

thank you

Your browser's setting -> Zoom -> 80%

#6 User is offline   rcarle 

• PipPip

Posted 2021-August-26, 04:11

View Postpescetom, on 2021-August-25, 15:15, said:

It's not always necessary for those devices either (my tablet has a 10 inch HD screen) but that seems to fall on deaf ears here.

#7 User is offline   rcarle 

• PipPip

Posted 2021-August-26, 04:14

yes, BBO seems not to care about a problem. Using Chrome, BBO tells my internet is down and I need to check my connections. In other words, it is my problem. I can connect using Safari and Firefox, and of course any other URL I want. It is only BBO on Chrome that does not work. But BBo eventually responds, usually several days later, with nonsense.

#8 User is offline   TrevorJWar 

• Pip

Posted 2021-August-26, 04:57

I've had the same problem a couple of times when using Chrome on a Windows laptop. The quickest way to fix it is to press Ctrl - a few times until the layout reverts to normal. This is simply a shortcut to change the zoom level in Chrome which as already pointed out, fixes the problem.

#9 User is offline   cloverenge 

• Pip

Posted 2021-August-26, 17:17

I always use chrome, Windows 10, and have never had these issues.

#10 User is offline   Peter_f 

• PipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, bike, billards, beer & running

Posted 2021-August-27, 01:18

On my tablet I can open the menu (three vertical dots in the top right corner) and choose "Desktopwebsite".

Maybe this is only present in the Android version of crome :(

#11 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-August-27, 06:15

View PostPeter_f, on 2021-August-27, 01:18, said:

On my tablet I can open the menu (three vertical dots in the top right corner) and choose "Desktopwebsite".

Maybe this is only present in the Android version of crome :(

I just tried this on my phone (will try again on tablet next week) but without success. I still couldn't see history while playing and I had a series of other problems that are not present when using the Android app: less space on screen, more than 1 second of delay after every call or play, a failure to redraw the play screen within 30s which caused me to be expelled from a Free TCR90 tournament (and lose TCR).

Even if Chrome can be made to work, that is at best half a solution. This should work in the Android app.

#12 User is offline   jlhoweiii 

• Pip

Posted 2021-August-27, 18:30

This was originally a PC question.

Click on the Windows Start button (lower left). Click on Settings (the gear). Click on System. Click on Tablet (on the left).

I never use my PC in Tablet mode (I don't have a touch monitor), so I set the settings to "Never use Tablet mode" and "Don't switch to tablet mode".

If you do use your PC in Tablet mode, there should be a Tablet icon in the Action Center (lower left corner of the Taskbar). The Tablet icon will let you switch between Tablet and Desktop modes.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users