BBO Discussion Forums: Bridgeclubs Worldwide Map - Everyone can contribute - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bridgeclubs Worldwide Map - Everyone can contribute

#1 User is offline   Jurgen8en 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-July-07, 02:09

I created a website that has the aim to show all offline bridgeclubs on a map. It is very simple and has useful filters, like: "the days a club play". Because everyone can contribute, it will become a complete list and it will stay up to date.

After covid, clubs may change their playing days, so this is the perfect moment to start this project. For all the bridgers that have learnt the game online, it will be a great tool to find a local club. Or just find a new club in your area or when you are on vacation.

Please take a look https://bridgeclubmap.com/

Contribute:

• Does anybody think of another filter or bridgeclub feature that will be useful?
  • Everyone can add clubs, just click on "Add a bridgeclub", it only takes 1 minute.
  • If you want to become a moderator, please contact me.

Jurgen

#2 User is online   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-July-07, 02:42

Great idea.

#3 User is offline   LBengtsson 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-July-07, 08:11

agree with pilowsky. great idea, Jurgen. and thanks for joining the forum.

#4 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-July-07, 12:54

I created an account, but did not yet receive the related email (yes I checked junk).
Please contact me by private message if necessary to sort it out.

#5 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-July-09, 14:50

View PostJurgen8en, on 2021-July-07, 02:09, said:

[*]Does anybody think of another filter or bridgeclub feature that will be useful?

I got the email and added a club, thanks.

I think a useful improvement would be to rethink Type of Club = open club / restricted / with beginners day.
For starters, I would eliminate beginners' day (any decent club has one), or make it part of a choice of Type of Tournament rather than Type of Club (Beginners = Desired / Accepted / Unwelcome).
Then it would be useful to face the real differences between the extremes 'open' and 'members only', and accept that this may vary between different tournaments/days rather than being a characteristic of the club.
Many clubs are affiliated to a WBF NO and accept all (or a certain higher level of) members of that NO, plus members of other WBF NOs.
ACBL complicates the field here, but you could just add it as an extra option, there are plenty of equivalent sites for North America anyway.
So maybe for each tournament have 'Open to' = members / WBF National Organisation / ACBL / all, choose one or more.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users