BBO Discussion Forums: Substitute system: yet another suggestion - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Substitute system: yet another suggestion

#1 User is offline   driver8 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-July-07, 09:52

Automatically remove a player from the subs list once they have been seated as a sub.

I have often experienced being invited to a game, sitting for 18-20 boards and then immediately, upon conclusion of that game, being invited again by a different virtual club or team game because I am apparently still on the list of subs. I can't speak for everyone obviously but I need a few minutes to decompress after playing and I also don't feel good about or want to have to go and find and then explain to a TD that I just finished a game and am sorry for turning down their invite.

If the system were able to automatically remove a player from the subs list once they have accepted an invite and been seated, that would solve the issue. Those who sub can always click the sub button again when they are ready.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-July-12, 08:07

Lots of the time subs only sit for 1-2 boards, when a player is temporarily disconnected and returns.

#3 User is offline   driver8 

• PipPip

Posted 2021-July-20, 12:18

View Postbarmar, on 2021-July-12, 08:07, said:

Lots of the time subs only sit for 1-2 boards, when a player is temporarily disconnected and returns.

Yes, in my experience much less frequently. Regardless though, I am not sure how that renders the request less valid. If they are autoremoved they can immediately reclick the button after sitting for 1-2 boards if they want to continue subbing.

#4 User is offline   PaulJHad 

• Pip

Posted 2021-July-23, 06:28

I agree with you entirely. I like to type a courtesy note to the previous TD and Partner, as do most good subs i'm sure... and it is annoying to have this interrupted by another request. As you rightly say removing your name from the subs list would deal with this easily.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users