BBO Discussion Forums: Removing a player during the game - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Removing a player during the game

#1 User is offline   cencio 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-June-20, 14:44

I find it annoying to be removed from the table when I'm playing as declarer. I would appreciate that until the end of the hand, the host cannot remove anyone from the table.

#2 User is offline   FairDoll 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-June-21, 04:55

I agree 100% with member Cencio - it is horrible to be removed (for no reason) by the Host while playing at his/her table. It has happened to me numerous times - each time unexpectedly and for no reason whatsoever! I am not even a slow player, I play well and I play fast, but there are times when I am on a winning streak and the host does not like it. Then, to my surprise I am removed from the table. That is abuse as far as I am concerned, especially when you are a good and polite player. The host should not have the prerogative to remove players without a good reason, neither for his/her own likes or dislikes, especially if they are bad losers. It would be nice if BBO could solve this problem which is very rampant at the tables and very discouraging not only for me, but for most of the players I have spoken to.

#3 User is offline   Vineuse 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-June-21, 04:59

The free games have a lot of disadvantages, of course a mean host who removes players he doesn't like on a whim, but also there is no director and people drop out frequently. The ACBL games are so much better, I know it can get to be a big expense if you want to play several hours a day but it is real bridge.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-June-22, 21:42

View Postcencio, on 2021-June-20, 14:44, said:

I find it annoying to be removed from the table when I'm playing as declarer. I would appreciate that until the end of the hand, the host cannot remove anyone from the table.

There are often valid reasons for removing a player in the middle of a hand: the player is rude, or they're not playing. Unfortunately, it's hard to police this and require that they only remove people for good reasons.

The simple fact is that at regular bridge tables, the host is god. If you don't like the way other people host their tables, host your own.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users