Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

individual tournament

#1 User is offline   tazbierek 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-June-06, 04:59

I know that it can be stupid question but , can we play with my partner in that kinds of tournament or its impossible ?
Why i asking is because many tournamets are individual and sometimes i cant find in pairs

#2 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-June-06, 10:23

In an individual, you play with different partners every round. So, possibly, if you and your partner get lucky, for 2 or 3 boards.

But the answer to the question you're actually asking is "no".

The joy of an individual is you get to play with lots of people, and if there's someone you can't stand, you don't have to deal with them for the entire session. The pain of an individual is that you play with lots of people, and if there's someone you click with, you don't get to click with them for the entire session...
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-June-06, 15:01

View Postmycroft, on 2021-June-06, 10:23, said:

The pain of an individual is that you play with lots of people, and if there's someone you click with, you don't get to click with them for the entire session...

But it's a good way to meet new people who you might like to play with again in pair tournaments.

#4 User is offline   tazbierek 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-June-06, 21:10

Yeah, and the next question then is: Where can i find any pair tournaments cause i can see many of individual but just several pairs which i cant joint because u have to be on ACBL team etc

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-June-11, 22:06

You don't have to be an ACBL member to play in the ACBL pair games. You won't get ACBL Masterpoints, but you'll get the same BBO points.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users