• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

substitute to all tournaments

#1 User is offline   aditan 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-February-24, 01:34

Hello,
those who click on " SUBSTITUTE" to all tournaments delay a lot the td's work. There are so many who click on that button, register as sub TO ALL TOURNAMENTS and as td when I try to take a subtitute, i have to wait MANY players to refuse each of them 3 times to be substitute, till i find one who really is available and willing to be a substitute.Like we don't already make hundreds of unneccessary clicks when TDing. I really don't understand why this button even exists. When a player wishes to be subsitute in a tournament, he should be able to register in that tournament, not in all the other tournaments

#2 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-February-24, 01:58

It would be helpful to me - as someone who occasionally substitutes to help out with no expectation of reward or appreciation - to know the name of the tournament(s) that you TD for.
Non legit hoc

#3 User is offline   aditan 

• PipPip

Posted 2021-February-24, 02:27

View Postpilowsky, on 2021-February-24, 01:58, said:

It would be helpful to me - as someone who occasionally substitutes to help out with no expectation of reward or appreciation - to know the name of the tournament(s) that you TD for.

Hello,
i would really apreciate if sometimes you will help as substitute, but of course if you are available(at computer, not playing something else). We really apreciate substitutes and they are also awarded if they win. I am TD in SKY CLUB :)

#4 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-February-24, 14:01

View Postaditan, on 2021-February-24, 02:27, said:

Hello,
i would really apreciate if sometimes you will help as substitute, but of course if you are available(at computer, not playing something else). We really apreciate substitutes and they are also awarded if they win. I am TD in SKY CLUB :)

noted.
Sky club is the only place on BBO where I am consistently abused.
This may explain the difficulty that you have in finding subs.
Sky Club is on my list of places that I will not play. The list is very short. Sky Club is the only Club on it.
Here is a (very mild) sample of chat that I recorded after my last visit to your Club: (name removed).
"Table: pls return Sp, not STUPID Cl ...".
Every time I have played in your Club the players feel it is appropriate to speak to each other (and people they don't know) in a similar vein.
The player continued in a similar vein. This was not the first time. Apparently having a 'star' is no guarantee of charm.

So, no, I don't substitute in Sky Club. The level of unpleasantness, and the tolerance of it, is unacceptable.
I am guessing this is the reason why you are having problems.

Non legit hoc

#5 User is offline   aditan 

• PipPip

Posted 2021-February-25, 00:21

View Postpilowsky, on 2021-February-24, 14:01, said:

noted.
Sky club is the only place on BBO where I am consistently abused.
This may explain the difficulty that you have in finding subs.
Sky Club is on my list of places that I will not play. The list is very short. Sky Club is the only Club on it.
Here is a (very mild) sample of chat that I recorded after my last visit to your Club: (name removed).
"Table: pls return Sp, not STUPID Cl ...".
Every time I have played in your Club the players feel it is appropriate to speak to each other (and people they don't know) in a similar vein.
The player continued in a similar vein. This was not the first time. Apparently having a 'star' is no guarantee of charm.

So, no, I don't substitute in Sky Club. The level of unpleasantness, and the tolerance of it, is unacceptable.
I am guessing this is the reason why you are having problems.

Rudeness might happen in any club, but for that we have penalty list. Anyway don't worry, i will always find substitutes. I was just saying that td's work is delayed not imposible to be done.
Thank you anyway

#6 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-February-25, 00:37

View Postaditan, on 2021-February-25, 00:21, said:

Rudeness might happen in any club, but for that we have penalty list. Anyway don't worry, i will always find substitutes. I was just saying that td's work is delayed not imposible to be done.
Thank you anyway

I am explaining why you are having trouble finding substitutes. Saying "there are rude people in other places" will not solve your problem.
I have played in and substituted in Sky club on multiple occasions.
I will not be doing it again.
If you do not monitor the rudeness in your club and manage it then that is the likely reason subs don't help you.
Whether or not you choose to do anything about it is not my problem.
You may "always find substitutes" but, like me, they will only help you once, maybe twice if they have absolutely nothing else to do.

Try to remember that the sub is doing you a favour.
Your failure to manage the behaviour of your regular players is the root cause of the problem.
Non legit hoc

#7 User is offline   aditan 

• PipPip

Posted 2021-February-25, 04:14

View Postpilowsky, on 2021-February-25, 00:37, said:

I am explaining why you are having trouble finding substitutes. Saying "there are rude people in other places" will not solve your problem.
I have played in and substituted in Sky club on multiple occasions.
I will not be doing it again.
If you do not monitor the rudeness in your club and manage it then that is the likely reason subs don't help you.
Whether or not you choose to do anything about it is not my problem.
You may "always find substitutes" but, like me, they will only help you once, maybe twice if they have absolutely nothing else to do.

Try to remember that the sub is doing you a favour.
Your failure to manage the behaviour of your regular players is the root cause of the problem.

Wow, thank you for explaining. First, i can't guess what players are telling private to each other or even at table( if i'm not there) and if they don't report, the rude ones can continue to be rude. Second, please don't talk about " failure to manage behaviour"; you have NEVER played when i was td and i bet you never reported a rude behaviour to a SKY CLUB TD and he didn't act. You make me think you like to talk a lot, give unasked and unnecessary advices. And by the way, my post was about the button "substitutes" to ANY tourney, in SUGGESTIONS ABOUT SOFTWARE, try to remember that.
If you keep answering is ok, if you don't, same, either way i wont answer again, thank you

#8 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-February-25, 12:20

View Postaditan, on 2021-February-25, 04:14, said:

Wow, thank you for explaining. First, i can't guess what players are telling private to each other or even at table( if i'm not there) and if they don't report, the rude ones can continue to be rude. Second, please don't talk about " failure to manage behaviour"; you have NEVER played when i was td and i bet you never reported a rude behaviour to a SKY CLUB TD and he didn't act. You make me think you like to talk a lot, give unasked and unnecessary advices. And by the way, my post was about the button "substitutes" to ANY tourney, in SUGGESTIONS ABOUT SOFTWARE, try to remember that.
If you keep answering is ok, if you don't, same, either way i wont answer again, thank you

Your "response" speaks for itself.
Non legit hoc

#9 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-February-25, 16:51

I've never experienced anything unpleasant while playing in the Sky tourneys, whether as a sub or otherwise, but I do decline lots of invitations, usually because the tourney is too long for the time I have (this is rarely a problem with Sky as they are quite short, but team matches that need subs at board 1 I may decline for that reason).

I think the ability to list as a sub for any tourney is useful, if you want to be able to sub in quickly and you are not too picky. But to reduce the problem which Adi mentions, maybe BBO could offer some filters, for example "available only until [x] hours" or so.

Also, it would be good to take people off the sub list if they are scheduled to play a tourney shortly.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#10 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-February-26, 16:47

Instead of "Subtitute for all tourneys" - why not just add as possible sub for the tourneys in the currently shown list?
You could filter for Goulash, or ACBL, or....
Then the player is more likely to sub in quickly.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users