BBO Discussion Forums: "No tournaments of that type are available" - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"No tournaments of that type are available"

#1 User is offline   ais523 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-November-02, 13:11

I'm using the BBO V3 web interface, <https://www.bridgebase.com/v3/>.

Normally, in order to join a tournament, I go via Competitive | All Tournaments from the main menu; this normally shows a list of tournaments.

Today, when I go via Competitive | All Tournaments, I get the message "No tournaments of that type are available". I assume it's not actually the case that BBO has no tournaments available right now, but this issue means that I can't join any tournaments.

Is there any workaround available? If not, is there any timeline on a fix to the issue?

(Other parts of the site also seem to be struggling at the moment: "Messages" can't load news headlines, and "History" can't load my tournament history. But joining tournaments is the most important part of the site for me; without it, I wouldn't be using BBO at all.)

#2 User is offline   vEBU207140 

• Pip

Posted 2020-November-02, 13:57

This is ridiculous.

As director, I am locked out of my own tournament!

BBO get this sorted. You have Children in Need Sims coming up this week. If you mess those, you'll lose clubs.

#3 User is offline   woengel 

• Pip

Posted 2020-November-02, 15:03

Following. We had these issues last Wednesday and Thursday, and I saw a news item that claimed to have fixed the problem, but back to square one again today.

#4 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-November-02, 16:20

I was unable to login between 20.30 and 21.00 WET tonight, on my PC the login screen reached 139,028 and was still counting (I have a screenshot), on the android tablet it stopped at 33K and I got in but then had similar problems to the OP. Soon after it cleared up.

My club was a bit disappointed that after playing on Sunday many hands were not available in MyHands ("File not found") even the day after.

#5 User is offline   mink 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-November-03, 11:37

Both yesterday and today at the hour of this post accessibility of BBO is severely limited. All users are affected as far as I can tell. This problem even extents to myhands, which should be on a different server I would have guessed. Please do something about it and communicate what you do!

#6 User is offline   pescetom 

Posted 2020-November-03, 13:37

I didn't have any problem acccessing BBO a few minutes ago, unlike yesterday when it took half an hour (numbers online similar and not critical, around 35K).
The myhands problem has been endemic for several days, some hands simply can not be viewed ('File not found') even the day after and so presumably never reached the server.

#7 User is offline   vEBU207140 

• Pip

Posted 2020-November-04, 04:35

No information from BBO or news of any action. One of the Clubs I direct for is now looking at moving their sessions to another provider.

#8 User is offline   woengel 

• Pip

Posted 2020-November-04, 13:08

We've been running our games at 2pm Central US time for 5 months, and now it's been unbearable for at least 5 of the last 8 days at that time. It's hard to move to a different time when our neighboring clubs have the morning, noon, and evening sessions set, and I don't want to run through part of the dinner hour. But I don't know what else to do...

#9 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-November-08, 20:10

We were having database capacity problems earlier this week, we believe we've addressed them.

#10 User is offline   pescetom 

Posted 2020-November-09, 07:36

View Postbarmar, on 2020-November-08, 20:10, said:

We were having database capacity problems earlier this week, we believe we've addressed them.

The problem accessing 'movie' in myhands persists, see for instance a movie in myhands from a tournament played yesterday.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users