Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Teaching Table Instructions and parameters

#1 User is offline   jshribbs 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-April-30, 12:30

I am trying to use BBO Teaching Table to teach online lessons.
I need to get better instructions on how that particular program unit works. I can not find an instruction manual for this module.
I see several ways of selecting deals but not sure how they work to enter a set of deals I create.
What are the bridgehands deals? favorite deals? and how do I connect to them.
There is an advanced tab for deals - how does it work? Can I load my own created deals?
How do I announce the table to students who I want to kibbitz or rather how do they find it to request entry?
I want to get 4 students to play the hands I want and have other students watch and comment.

Is there a way to set up more tables (2-4) like in the Teacher Table section and have the same deal at each table? Run 2-3 Teacher Tables at same time? Will random hands be the same for all 3 of these tables if dealt at the same time?

I will be running Zoom or MS Teams at same time so we can all communicate using distant learning techniques.
I will have to get the 4 players to minimize zoom screen and play on BBO while I do a screen share to the other students or is it possible that the kibbitzers get to see all 4 hands so I do not have to share the screen?

Is anyone trying to do this now?

#2 User is offline   mmmim 

• Pip

Posted 2020-May-01, 10:38

I have been trying to do something very similar. I used the hand editor to create hands from the ACBL bridge classes and was planning to use them when my students logged in (and that was simple for them- I just walked them through it, and also walked each one through the process of becoming a kibitzer - and they thought that term was hilarious). Just make sure they are all online when you set up the table and send the invites or they'll miss them. Make them all becomes "friends" with each other so they can see each other. And I was just using a skype audio call to minimize bandwidth.

So I had 5 students, one kibitzing, and myself kibitzing which worked great and they loved it. Just have them look for you in their people list, select your profile and select Join and they will become a kibitzer.

But when I tried to select my edited hands as the deal source, nothing.

Can someone explain to me how to use my stored hands as the deals for the teaching table?

#3 User is offline   pottero3 

• Pip

Posted 2020-May-18, 11:37

mmmim, on 2020-May-01, 10:38, said:

I have been trying to do something very similar. I used the hand editor to create hands from the ACBL bridge classes and was planning to use them when my students logged in (and that was simple for them- I just walked them through it, and also walked each one through the process of becoming a kibitzer - and they thought that term was hilarious). Just make sure they are all online when you set up the table and send the invites or they'll miss them. Make them all becomes "friends" with each other so they can see each other. And I was just using a skype audio call to minimize bandwidth.

So I had 5 students, one kibitzing, and myself kibitzing which worked great and they loved it. Just have them look for you in their people list, select your profile and select Join and they will become a kibitzer.

But when I tried to select my edited hands as the deal source, nothing.

Can someone explain to me how to use my stored hands as the deals for the teaching table?

May 18 - same issue. I finally figured out how to get saved hands but could not use them at a teaching table this morning

#4 User is offline   anspaestia 

• Pip

Posted 2020-May-26, 02:05

I am trying to find out best solutions for teaching tables to. So I also wonder if we are able to have multiple tables playing the same deals, if we are able to use robots in some seets etc.

ABOUT HOW TO USE SAVED DEALS:
You must save the deals you want to use in ONE folder and then when you have started your teaching table go to the blue square with the three white lines and choose "Deal sourse". Then choose "Use saved deals". You will see the folders with your saved deals. Choose the one you want and press "select". Close the window with the X button. You will be back to your table. From the blue square with the three white lines choose "redeal". Now you must have the first saved deal. You must press "redeal" every time you want to go to the next deal.

Documentation on this subject (althought I believe they refer to older versions of the site they are still helpfull):
My link (go to "Teaching on BBO")

The Advanced feature of the choices for the deal sourse needs some programming experience to be used.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users