• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reserving place at the table

#1 User is offline   Salk73 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-March-10, 10:12

Hello!

I usually enjoy playing the free Express tournaments on BBO and sometimes there are those that require a TCR value of 90 or better to participate. Now, it has happened many times that I lost connection to BBO (and I am quite confident that most occurrences were not caused by my Internet provider) while playing a tournament and couldn't return to the table even if I logged in again after a few seconds. I noticed that some people seemed able to "reserve" their place in some way and probably rejoin the tournament in case of temporary loss of connection, but I have no idea how to do that.

Can someone help?

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2024-March-18, 10:06

When you first get disconnected your seat is reserved for you. If you reconnect before being replaced with a sub you will return to your seat immediately.

In some tourneys, such as ACBL speedballs and open pairs, if you return after being replaced with a sub you will take your seat back at the beginning of the next hand. This is an option the tourney organizer can specify. The TD can also make a sub permanent at their discretion.

Express tourneys don't reseat you after you're replaced. But I think your seat is reserved until the 60-second bid/play timer expires.

#3 User is offline   Salk73 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-March-19, 09:10

Thank you for your answer.

I have so far only played Express tournament so I'm only reporting my experience there.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2024-March-21, 20:51

Express tournaments are unforgiving and don't give you much time to reconnect -- they're for players who can keep up with the fast pace. I recommend you avoid them if you get disconnected frequently.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users