Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can't fill out convention card

#1 User is offline   vbnel 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-August-26, 20:56

Am filling out a new convention card. I can write on the red lines, but am unable to mark where there are choices, such as 2C as regular or puppet Stayman or major openings expected length. Am using Firefox and didn't have this problem in the past, although it's been 5-7 years since I last made out a convention card on BBO. Problem occurs whether I am working in a new window or in the partial one that comes up when you click on edit.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-August-28, 09:11

Looking into it. I think I know what's causing it, but I need to check on why the code that's doing it was put there in the first place before I can remove it.

#3 User is offline   vbnel 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-August-29, 09:35

I'm transitioning to a new computer and when I used the new one I had no problem. The old one is a brick when it comes to many functions and this must be one of them.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-August-29, 09:49

I was able to reproduce the problem with Firefox on my Mac, so I don't think it was just a problem with your old computer.

There was a Firefox-only setting for checkboxes in the code, and no one can remember why it's there -- it was probably to work around an ancient incompatibility. But when I removed it, checkboxes reappeared. I've deployed this now.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users