Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

connection lost problem keep getting kicked out

#1 User is offline   danvon 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-January-01, 17:49

why would i keep getting kicked off with a connection lost message? Just got a new comp. using IE and windows 7. thanks

#2 User is offline   oryctolagi 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-January-02, 02:55

View Postdanvon, on 2016-January-01, 17:49, said:

why would i keep getting kicked off with a connection lost message? Just got a new comp. using IE and windows 7. thanks

This is a recurrent problem, I get it sometimes, with Chrome and Win XP. No other websites ever lock up on me.

#3 User is offline   canons_4 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-January-04, 20:56

View Postoryctolagi, on 2016-January-02, 02:55, said:

This is a recurrent problem, I get it sometimes, with Chrome and Win XP. No other websites ever lock up on me.

I've tried Chrome, Firefox and updated flash. My connection bars in the right corning are 3 or more and I can't finish a hand? This is even at slow times in the day or busy. Any suggestions or known problems. I am using the web version and thinking it might be a good idea to get a hold of a non web version...

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-January-05, 11:31

View Postcanons_4, on 2016-January-04, 20:56, said:

I am using the web version and thinking it might be a good idea to get a hold of a non web version...

That will probably be worse. The web version uses much less bandwidth than the download version.

Sorry, but I don't have any answer to your problem. In general, we don't have any way of knowing what's causing connection problems for specific users. We're not aware of any general problem with the service.

#5 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-January-07, 20:22

View Postbarmar, on 2016-January-05, 11:31, said:

That will probably be worse. The web version uses much less bandwidth than the download version.

Sorry, but I don't have any answer to your problem. In general, we don't have any way of knowing what's causing connection problems for specific users. We're not aware of any general problem with the service.

Thank Barmar for your excellent reply.
Sadness, there have been too many many misunderstanding on BBO connection in the past.
Now we should say thanks to BBO for BBO's efforts over the years.

#6 User is offline   oryctolagi 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-January-10, 03:55

Something has just occurred to me.

I usually access the web-based player via a saved bookmark: http://www.bridgebas...ient/client.php , so that I can quickly get to the login page; also it means that I get the client in a normal browser window and can have other tabs open (I sometimes take advantage of being dummy to read up on partner's conventions - e.g. on MrBridge.co.uk).

But if you access the client by clicking on the yellow link on the homepage http://www.bridgebase.com , you get a different window which doesn't support tabs. Would this be less prone to a lost connection?

#7 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-January-10, 15:48

View Postoryctolagi, on 2016-January-10, 03:55, said:

But if you access the client by clicking on the yellow link on the homepage http://www.bridgebase.com , you get a different window which doesn't support tabs. Would this be less prone to a lost connection?

I can't think of any reason why that would make a difference.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users