BBO Discussion Forums: Start several matches with identical boards - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Start several matches with identical boards (or generate n deals into folder)

#1 User is offline   alanrick 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-January-12, 06:42

I realize that this is possible (described by Uday in this thread), but it could be simplified.
http://www.bridgebas...024#entry773024

Option a)
Boards generated on the fly. I start a match, but instead of giving it a folder name, I give it a "seed" (number or name), and it generates the required number of boards for me. When I start the next match I give it the same seed, and the same boards are generated.

Option b)
Instead of filling a folder by generating boards one at a time, the option to generate n deals into a folder. This could be a new button "generate 4 deals" next to the "Create new folder" and "Import LIN file". E.g. Press it twice and you have 8 deals.
Thanks for your consideration,
Alan

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-January-12, 07:53

A simpler workaround is to generate the deals at a teaching or bidding table.The advantage over doing it in Hand Editor is that the boards are displayed in My Results to the right. After you dealt as many deals as you need click Options, at the bottom of My Results, and Save all deals. Note that a dealt board will only appear in My results if it was bid (at a bidding table) or played/claimed (at a teaching table). There's still some clicking to do, but overall it's probably less than saving deals one by one.

#3 User is offline   alanrick 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-January-12, 11:28

Thanks Eva,
A bidding table seems easier (just bid 7nt against the robots). Another way I found was to kib someone else's table and just save all the hands there (assuming they played enough hands).

Still, the alternative I suggested would be mighty convenient if anyone else needs this, too.
Alan

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-January-12, 14:07

View Postalanrick, on 2014-January-12, 11:28, said:

Thanks Eva,
A bidding table seems easier (just bid 7nt against the robots). Another way I found was to kib someone else's table and just save all the hands there (assuming they played enough hands).

Still, the alternative I suggested would be mighty convenient if anyone else needs this, too.
Alan

Very few people can start two team matches in the same time. You got special permissions to do that, but most users can only create one team match at a time. This wd be a software tweak for a handful of people who are already knowledgeable enough to find a way to upload deals as they need.

#5 User is offline   alanrick 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-January-13, 00:05

diana_eva said:

1389557251[/url]' post='773065']
Very few people can start two team matches in the same time.

Thanks Eva,Then this really is a niche suggestion and can be ignored.All the best,Alan

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users