• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Appeal to decide the winner

#21 User is offline   mr1303 

• Admirer of Walter the Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, surfing, water skiing, cricket, golf. Generally being outside really.

Posted 2012-November-22, 07:22

In answer to this question, this one was (again hypothetically) appealed after the director ruled 2H making by North. The bar appeals committee reinstated the table score and gave a PP to East West, refunding the deposit.

I've been asked to hang around after play has finished in case of a potential appeal a few times recently. I want to make sure my judgment is right in case someone actually does appeal (as opposed to moaning about the ruling)

#22 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-November-22, 10:37

View PostMickyB, on 2012-November-22, 06:38, said:

On occasion I've seen it referred to as Wagner

Wagner 2.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#23 User is offline   Trinidad 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-November-22, 13:04

View PostZelandakh, on 2012-November-22, 01:51, said:

This may vary by jurisdiction but around here it is expected that questions are asked during the 10 seconds. It may then take additional time to process the answers. The local regulations do not give you 10 seconds starting from when the answers are finished so assuming that is when OP started the stopwatch is not necessarily correct.

Of course you get your X seconds after you get the answers to your questions. You are supposed to (act as if you) have a problem. If you bid immediately after the explanation are you then acting as if you have a problem? I wouldn't think so.

What do you do if the explainer needs 15 seconds to explain his bid? Interrupt him and call after 10 seconds? Of course not. You let him finish. Then you will be (acting as if you are) processing the information. And then you will make your call.

Rik
I want my opponents to leave my table with a smile on their face and without matchpoints on their score card - in that order.
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” (I found it!), but “That’s funny…” – Isaac Asimov
The only reason God did not put "Thou shalt mind thine own business" in the Ten Commandments was that He thought that it was too obvious to need stating. - Kenberg

#24 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-November-22, 14:22

I just can't see West passing 2 - especially if she can show that their defence to Multi makes a double in 6th seat "takeout of the suit", and from there all roads lead to some number of spades. But what do I know - I live in noMultiLand. I'm glad to see that the ruling was changed on appeal - it would be interesting to know if it was overturned (either because the UI was ruled to not show anything about West's hand or because pass wasn't considered a LA) or whether pass was enforced, but West would double in balance. The PP to E-W seems to imply the AC believed UI was deliberately used, so it looks like they allowed West to balance-double; but it would be interesting to know.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users