BBO Discussion Forums: Bad bid definition leads gib to pull 3nt - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bad bid definition leads gib to pull 3nt Gib pulls 3nt with a 5 card suit while promising 6

#1 User is offline   dwar0123 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-April-24, 17:48

South clearly can not have between 2-5 hearts in this auction. In fact, south clearly can not have even 3 hearts after bidding 3nt.

Yes, I should have bid 3, which would have properly reduced my min number of hearts to 1(I am still learning how to out guess gib in these auctions), but we can still improve on the description here. GIB's bidding is wrong no matter what I could hold.

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-April-24, 20:05

View Postdwar0123, on 2012-April-24, 17:48, said:

Yes, I should have bid 3, which would have properly reduced my min number of hearts to 1
Or even 0.

I am still learning how to out guess gib in these auctions
You shouldn't be trying to outguess GIB; you should be trying to bid your hand normally.

south clearly can not have even 3 hearts after bidding 3nt... but we can still improve on the description here....
Agreed.

GIB's bidding is wrong no matter what I could hold.
I wonder why he didn't bid 4 if he was going to pull 3N.

#3 User is offline   cloa513 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-April-25, 04:29

South clearly can not have between 2-5 hearts in this auction. In fact, south clearly can not have even 3 hearts after bidding 3nt.

Yes, I should have bid 3, which would have properly reduced my min number of hearts to 1(I am still learning how to out guess gib in these auctions), but we can still improve on the description here. GIB's bidding is wrong no matter what I could hold.

The bid descriptions have little to do with GIB's internal logic- they are text files linked to bids- you can only hope they actually describe GIB's internal thinking.

#4 User is offline   georgi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows

Posted 2012-April-25, 12:38

It's a bug. It will be fixed in next update.

View Postcloa513, on 2012-April-25, 04:29, said:

The bid descriptions have little to do with GIB's internal logic- they are text files linked to bids- you can only hope they actually describe GIB's internal thinking.

That's not quite correct. GIB uses the points and shapes description which is shown to player. There is some additional text which is added for people only to incline if there is something artificial about call - like Lebensohl 2NT "Forces 3 by partner", "notrump opener, Could have 5M", etc. Also Pass which is not alerted might be taken into account as could have also meaning.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users