BBO Discussion Forums: another trap pass problem - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

another trap pass problem

#21 User is offline   benlessard 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:All games. i really mean all of them.

Posted 2012-January-05, 22:20

what kind of 64 would you bid 2H ? For me its very few but I forgot its possible.

After looking at some of the hands, :( its an awful hand for double dummy since at 2Nt declarer know wich major to attack, also he know how many D to duck. While in a trump contract main edge is only picking up stiff K and Qx or deep finesse in the M.
---edited
$%##^ Ive just lost my hands with Dealmaster Pro :(

Im going to redo it, because its interesting even if the DD results are flawed. But im going to think more about it more before setting parameters.

Would you bid 2H with 64?? if so with what range what suit quality ?
Do you double with 5530 rather than 2H ? and if you bid 2H and south bid 2Nt do you pass ? (I hate to X with a void in clubs, unless 3 quick tricks and space)
With a 5503 and 13/14 pts partner trap pass make game very good and I dont think its a DD result.
At imps I would overcall 2C with almost all 1336/0346 rather than Xing agree ? But I would still X with almost all 0436 agree ?

From memory,
2Nt go down about 15% but I suspect IRL its going to be significantly higher, West had many hand where DD leads are possible. So the almost always lead D because of the trap pass is wrong, but the fact that DD declarer know wich M to tackle fist is just huge advantage to 2Nt DD. S scored significantly more tricks than Nt so at MP 3S vs 2Nt its not as clueless as I thought. There was plenty of games vs 11-14around 40% for 3Nt and (so if 11-17 range is possible its super obvious that the hand is too good for a simple 2S at Imps in fact 3Nt is a better bid than 2S DD) H scored less than S but if its possible to bid 3D as non GF DSIP it would be great (right side 3Nt when partner got Qx in D) allow you to play 3H rather than 3S. Also there was some hands where you would get X at 3S but not at 3H, even in imps there was some obvious X going down 2 in M contracts, so picking H when its right is nice both at Mp and in Imps.
From Psych "I mean, Gus and I never see eye-to-eye on work stuff.
For instance, he doesn't like being used as a human shield when we're being shot at.
I happen to think it's a very noble way to meet one's maker, especially for a guy like him.
Bottom line is we never let that difference of opinion interfere with anything."

#22 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-January-07, 02:32

I bid 2 and it wasn´t a success

partner had AQJ10xx KQxxx xx -

#23 User is offline   rhm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-January-07, 04:51

View PostFluffy, on 2012-January-07, 02:32, said:

I bid 2 and it wasn´t a success

partner had AQJ10xx KQxxx xx -

Call me a result merchant but I would not have passed 2 with this hand.
That partner has no values is inconsistent with the bidding. (Where are all the HCP?)
Without the K everybody would have bid 2. The fact that passed partner neither bid 2 nor 2NT is in fact encouraging.
I would have bid 3 over 2.

Rainer Herrmann

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users