BBO Discussion Forums: Live Play Using Convention Cards, Alerts - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Live Play Using Convention Cards, Alerts

#1 User is offline   peakpair 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-November-19, 16:36

I'm new to Bridgebase and wonder how I can know what conventions my partner is playing and vice versa. I have set up a convention card; do most players refer to them?

#2 User is offline   georgeac 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-November-19, 21:51

You self alert when you make a bid. You type in the box above the bids and then click the bid you want. Only the opponents can see it.

As for conventions. Most people list the common ones or ones they like to play in their profile. You should do the same. Then with a quick look at pards profile and you can quickly agree a system, carding and maybe which conventions of theirs you want to play. If their profile is blank you can ask something like sayc? or what system? and usually people will say something or agree to play your profile.

#3 User is offline   Free 

• mmm Duvel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2011-November-24, 07:12

Hi, welcome to the forums.

In my experience, people don't look at your CC. The best approach imo is to just ask what you're going to play together. If your partner's profile says "2/1" for example, you may just chat "2/1 ok" and get on with it. Having detailed agreements with pickup partners is really hard, so stick to the basics.
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users