A hand from yesterday. Maybe interesting for beginner/interm
IMP's

LHO leads K.
How do you play this?

#2 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-October-02, 06:16

Win ace, draw trumps, cash club honors, ruff spades and clubs ending in my hand, lead diamond 8. If it's covered, win ace and play low to Q, otherwise RHO wins and is stuck (cover a diamond return and if K appears on left, win with A and T9 are good)

#3 User is offline   BunnyGo 

• Lamentable Bunny
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-October-02, 06:30

Antrax, on 2011-October-02, 06:16, said:

Win ace, draw trumps, cash club honors, ruff spades and clubs ending in my hand, lead diamond 8. If it's covered, win ace and play low to Q, otherwise RHO wins and is stuck (cover a diamond return and if K appears on left, win with A and T9 are good)

I like it, but with 3-0 trumps it doesn't work.
Bridge Personality: 44 44 43 34

Never tell the same lie twice. - Elim Garek on the real moral of "The boy who cried wolf"

#4 User is offline   TheoKole 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Strategy Games, Reading, Weightlifting, Skiing, Singing

Posted 2011-October-03, 01:42

Win the A , cash the J , if the are 2-1, cash the AK (very very low probability of a ruff). ruff a ruff a with the 10 and ruff dummy's last . Take the last trump and play the Q or 8 from your hand ducking if LHO does not cover. Either RHO is endplayed in or he will give you a ruff sluff to get rid of your losing .

If are 3-0 the play is trickier. The same basic play is needed but you are trying to count LHO hand pattern and trying to figure out if he has the K . You will have a good count of the and by this time and probably a good count of the suit, if LHO shows up with the top honors in and some honors I would place the K in RHO's hand and play accordingly.

Good luck,

Theo

#5 User is offline   kgr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-October-03, 04:43

TheoKole, on 2011-October-03, 01:42, said:

Win the A , cash the J , if the are 2-1, cash the AK (very very low probability of a ruff). ruff a ruff a with the 10 and ruff dummy's last . Take the last trump and play the Q or 8 from your hand ducking if LHO does not cover. Either RHO is endplayed in or he will give you a ruff sluff to get rid of your losing .
If Trumps are 2-1 then you can start - and it is 100% - with 2 rounds of trumps.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users