(1)-1-(X)-2*
(2)-2-(3)-?

*2=NFConst

(1) what would you do at all red
(2) would your decision change at different vulnerabilities

#2 Guest_Jlall_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 2006-December-04, 11:34

I would smack the hell out of it. We have 3 quick tricks and a stiff in partners suit...and partner bid 2S freely. 200 is the magic number.

#3 User is offline   mikeh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2006-December-04, 17:18

double: should be bloody. Partner will likely lead a and a through will destroy them. I expect 500 if they are red and 300 if not: would double at all forms of scoring, even imps. Note that partner has a real hand: he could/should have bid 2 immediately with a preemptive hand (and we rate to go plus opposite a preemptive hand anyway!).

If he took his 2 bid based on long s and something like KQJ109x in s, he can pull but he should be passing almost 100% of the time.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#4 Guest_Jlall_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 2006-December-04, 17:21

mikeh, on Dec 4 2006, 06:18 PM, said:

he could/should have bid 2 immediately with a preemptive hand (and we rate to go plus opposite a preemptive hand anyway!).

I don't really agree with this but I think he should overcall 1S and pass 2D if he had a typical 2S opener. IMO most 2S openers should be overcalling 1S. But I agree he should have a real hand to take a second call.

#5 User is offline   neilkaz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Backgammon, Bridge, Hockey

Posted 2006-December-04, 17:47

With a good suited 2 opener, I would overcall 2. With the hand shown here after this bidding I happily X and think there's a good chance they go down 2.

If PD has some defenceless rubbish with long that he wimped out of preempting he can pull and I have 3 quick tricks for him.

.. neilkaz ..

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users