BBO Discussion Forums: 2008 presidential elections - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2008 presidential elections

Poll: your vote counts (20 member(s) have cast votes)

your vote counts

1. Democratic - Hillary Clinton (12 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. Republican - Rudolph Giulliani (5 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Independent - John McCain and Joe Lieberman (either heading the ticket) (3 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2006-September-03, 21:48

luke warm, on Sep 3 2006, 03:21 PM, said:

Al_U_Card, on Sep 2 2006, 10:18 PM, said:

Global Warming
Economic development
International diplomacy

global warming will play absolutely no role in the election.. zip, zilch, zero... the economy, yeah - it always does... and int'l diplomacy also, if by that you mean things like nat'l security, military, etc

just my opinion :P

In another 2 yrs, Global Warming may be the only issue.....except in Fla. unless voting booths float....;-)
The Grand Design, reflected in the face of Chaos...it's a fluke!

#22 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2006-September-04, 09:16

I voted No in the last election and am prepared to continue to do so until a viable 3rd party arises - I'm sickened by having choices of only Republicats and Democans from which to chose.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#23 User is offline   arrows 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2006-September-18, 12:35

'leeza Rice vs 'lilly Clinton

That would be something rolleyes.gif

I like this one, hehe

#24 User is offline   bid_em_up 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-September-18, 14:16

Al_U_Card, on Sep 2 2006, 01:05 PM, said:

Everything is relative and Bush-Cheney is the lowest common denominator so unless they amend the constitution to allow for a 3rd term......things can only get better.

Hush before they think of it and dont be surprised if it isnt attempted or hasnt already been considered. Of course if that were to happen, I suspect this country might reelect Bill instead. :o Yea, he was no picnic either but.......

I'd much rather have a man who lies about sex in office (be realistic, what man hasn't lied about sex), than a man who has lied regarding war motives and its accompanying "proof", lied regarding interrogation tactics employed (I would have more respect for the man if he would just come out and say, "Hell yes, we tortured them and by God, we are going to keep doing it until they spill the damn beans or die!!"), spied on the American public through warrantless survellience, is now trying to change/modify the Geneva convention to make certain "methods" of interrogation legal (mainly to cover his ass under the guise of "we need these methods for information gathering"), whose friends (and family) have profited immensely from rising oil prices (a known outcome of the war), defense contracts awarded to other friends and/or companies of friends (not to mention the Veep), whose associates either directly or indirectly blew the cover for a CIA operative (dont stick your head in the sand and pretend that you just dont see), and who, in the eyes of many (not mine), stole his initial election to office anyway and countless loads of other known reasons (I am afraid to consider the unknown).

What I hate even more is the "fair and balanced" news employed by certain obvious right-wing conservatives who would have had Clinton drawn and quartered over oral sex, and yet......where is the "fair and balanced" reporting against Bush?? And yet their whole premise was ...."HE LIED ABOUT IT, SO HE MUST BE IMPEACHED". Why are these same people not screaming for Bush to be castrated as well?? (Maybe they are, but I dont hear it). All I hear now is....you gotta support your president and the war on terror. Yada Yada Yada. Nonsense. While I certainly support the War on Terror in principle......nothing should allow us, as Americans, to stoop to the tactics he has used, no matter what the pretext.

I swear, I told my ex-wife (a staunch Republican and Clinton hater) that I felt Bush could turn out to be the anti-Christ even before we had attacked in Iraq. Oh, that was a fight to remember for the ages!! :)

I wonder how she feels now.......
Is the word "pass" not in your vocabulary?
So many experts, not enough X cards.

#25 User is offline   bid_em_up 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-September-18, 14:21

Al_U_Card, on Sep 3 2006, 10:48 PM, said:

luke warm, on Sep 3 2006, 03:21 PM, said:

Al_U_Card, on Sep 2 2006, 10:18 PM, said:

Global Warming
Economic development
International diplomacy

global warming will play absolutely no role in the election.. zip, zilch, zero... the economy, yeah - it always does... and int'l diplomacy also, if by that you mean things like nat'l security, military, etc

just my opinion :o

In another 2 yrs, Global Warming may be the only issue.....except in Fla. unless voting booths float....;-)

Again, nonsense.

Global warming will never be a major issue in the US. Sorry. We know how to turn our air-conditioners on. If you Europeans dont know how to do the same, thats your problem. :)

The people in California are all lunatics anyway, so no great loss there.....and Florida is nothing but a bunch of old farts, damn yankees and immigrants/tourists anyway......so it can go as well. :)

(For all my friends in CA and FL......MOVE!! NOW!! While you still can!!)
Is the word "pass" not in your vocabulary?
So many experts, not enough X cards.

#26 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2006-September-18, 14:34

whereagles, on Sep 3 2006, 12:45 AM, said:

'leeza Rice vs 'lilly Clinton

That would be something :o

Silly question:

Is there any reason why you are deliberate mangling both names to make sure that they start with an L...

There are plenty of whack job who attempt to insult both women by claiming that they are lesbians. Curious whether you're doing the same...
Alderaan delenda est

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users