BBO Discussion Forums: "Clean" Jokes - BBO Discussion Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"Clean" Jokes Make my students laugh, if you can.

#21 User is offline   Gerben42 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Astronomy, Mathematics
    Nuclear power

Posted 2006-June-08, 03:41

Math is like love -- a simple idea but it can get complicated.

Famous scientists at a party:

Einstein thought it was a relatively good time.

Watt turned out to be a powerful speaker.

Edison lit the party up.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!
My Bridge Systems Page

BC Kultcamp Rieneck

#22 User is offline   Gerben42 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Astronomy, Mathematics
    Nuclear power

Posted 2006-June-08, 04:10

A successful computer scientist went on a cruise and then suddenly the ship sank. Luckily he was washed ashore on a tropical island, on which he had to survive on bananas and coconuts.

After several months he suddenly sees a beautiful woman in a rowing boat coming upto the beach so he walks towards her and asks: "How did you get here?". She says: "Well I was stranded on the other side of the island 4 months ago when my cruise ship sank!" What a coincidence, he thought. He went with her and couldn't believe his eyes: She had built a bungalow near the beach!

She invites him into her house and asks him: "Would you like something to drink?" He declines: "Sorry I can't see any more coconut-juice..." "Well", she says, "it's not coconut juice, I've built a small brewery, how about a Pina Colada?" He is happy to accept, and they sit on the beach and talk and talk... Then she says: "Why don't you take a bath and shave, I'll slip into something more comfortable." And incredibly, he finds some razor blades made of sharpened bones.

When he returns he finds her clothed in just some wine ranks. Then she tells him softly: "Have a seat, we've been alone on this island for so long. You've been so lonely... I think there is something you would really, really like to do. Something that you had to miss for months..."

She looked him in the eyes and he was stunned... Could it really be true? He whispered: "You mean... I can really read my E-Mails from here?"

B)
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!
My Bridge Systems Page

BC Kultcamp Rieneck

#23 User is offline   Walddk 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket

Posted 2006-June-08, 05:08

What did the bra say to the hat?

"You go on ahead. I'll give these two a lift".

Warning from the League for Political Correctitude (LPC):
This joke is politically incorrect. It is potentially offensive to:
Some women.
Easily-offended people.

Roland
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#24 User is offline   GeeGee 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2006-June-08, 05:31

Two vampire bats in a cave. One says to the other 'I'm going out for a meal, brb' and leaves.

Shortly after he returns, his face covered with blood.

'Blimey, where have you been?' asks his partner. 'I'll show you', he replies, and leads her out of the cave. 'You see that big tree over there?'

'Yes'

'Well, I didn't'

#25 User is offline   Trinidad 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-June-08, 06:10

Rain, on Jun 7 2006, 02:32 PM, said:

The village blacksmith finally found an apprentice willing to work hard for long hours. The blacksmith immediately began his instructions to the lad, "When I take the shoe out of the fire, I'll lay it on the anvil; and when I nod my head, you hit it with this hammer."

The apprentice did just as he told. Now he's the village blacksmith.

(You can probably edit this to place it in a classroom setting, but don't give your kids any ideas B) )

This reminds me of something I heard in Sweden about 8 years ago. They had (have?) a radio program there where a panel of comedians have to respond on the spot and finish a story that the moderator starts. This time, the moderator presented the title of the story and one comedian came up with an immediate answer.

The title was: "How did the guitar end up on the camp fire?"

The instant reply: "When I was a scout, one day my troop leader told me: 'Get the guitar and make a camp fire...'."

Trinidad
I want my opponents to leave my table with a smile on their face and without matchpoints on their score card - in that order.
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” (I found it!), but “That’s funny…” – Isaac Asimov
The only reason God did not put "Thou shalt mind thine own business" in the Ten Commandments was that He thought that it was too obvious to need stating. - Kenberg

#26 User is offline   Elianna 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-June-08, 11:42

An engineer walks by a house that's on fire, grabs a hose, and puts the fire out.

A physicist walks by a house that's on fire, sees the other houses around it are not on fire, figures that on average, houses aren't on fire, and walks away.

A mathematician sees a house not on fire, and sets it on fire, thus reducing it to an already solved problem.
My addiction to Mario Bros #3 has come back!

#27 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2006-June-08, 12:44

Miron, on Jun 8 2006, 04:02 AM, said:

There is an American, English, Russian and Czech on board of airplane, when all engines sudently turn off and the crash is inevitable, but just 3 parachutes are on board. First the Russian takes parachute and says: I, as a member of world most intelligent nation, have right to save me. The second is American: I, as a citizen of the most wealthy nation, have right to save me and jumps as well. The British says: I could save me also as a citizen of most mannered nation, but I am a getlemen. Please take my parachute. And the Czech replies: Thank you, but this is not necessary, because there are still two parachutes left. The citizen of most intelligent nation jumped with my backpack.

(Also I have a lot of jokes, where the Czech are the best - as any nation does, I assume. Again if you are interrested write me for more)

The version they tell here in the US usually has specific famous people, and the one who jumps with the backpack is always George W. Bush.

#28 User is offline   mike777 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-June-08, 14:38

http://www.break.com...rderpatrol.html

Pay attention to the fence in the background.

#29 User is offline   slothy 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-June-10, 06:27

There is a Mother superior, a nun and the Pope having an orgy in the Vatican. The mother Superior says to the Pope

ahhh forget it you wont use it anyway..
gaudium est miseris socios habuisse penarum - Misery loves company.

#30 User is offline   Badmonster 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-June-10, 09:20

my favorite joke....

What did Tarzan say when he saw the elephants coming over the hill?
Here come the elephants!

What did he say when he saw the elephants coming over the hill with their sunglasses on?
Nothing. He didn't recognize them.

Your students may be too mature for this joke. But I love it.
http://badmonsters.blogspot.com probably will not change your life.

#31 User is offline   Winstonm 

• Interests:Art, music

Posted 2006-June-10, 10:00

An insurance man called a house one night and a small boy answered the phone in a low whisper: "Hello."

"Is your father there?" said the salesman.

"Yes," the boy whispered.

"May I talk to him?"

"No," whispered the boy. "He's busy."

"Well is your mother there?" asked the salesman.

"Yes," the boy whispered.

"May I speak to her?"

"No," the boy whispered even more lowly. "She's busy."

"I see," said the salesman. "Well are there any other adults there?"

"Yes," the boy whispered. "There's 5 fireman and 5 policemen and some people from the t.v. station"

Incredulous, the salesman continued: "Your father, mother, 5 fireman and 5 policeman, and some people from the t.v. station. What exactly are all those people doing there?"

The boy whispered, "Looking for me."
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#32 User is offline   kfgauss 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-June-10, 10:04

Elianna, on Jun 8 2006, 05:42 PM, said:

An engineer walks by a house that's on fire, grabs a hose, and puts the fire out.

A physicist walks by a house that's on fire, sees the other houses around it are not on fire, figures that on average, houses aren't on fire, and walks away.

A mathematician sees a house not on fire, and sets it on fire, thus reducing it to an already solved problem.

As a mathematician, I find this a bit unfair. While we may have fun reducing problems to previously solved problems, I don't think we reduce non-problems to previously solved problems. :o

(Or maybe this is a harsher critique than I'd originally thought. :lol: )

There are many versions of this joke. A nice variant goes something like:

An engineer wakes up and sees that the house is on fire, grabs a trashcan, fills it with water, and puts out the fire.

A physicist wakes up and sees that the house is on fire, sees a fire hose, calculates the precise trajectory [etc etc physics nonsense] and puts out the fire.

A mathematician wakes up and sees that the house is on fire, sees the fire hose, says "Aha! A solution exists!" and goes back to sleep.

Andy

#33 User is offline   Winstonm 

• Interests:Art, music

Posted 2006-June-10, 10:07

An optimist says: The glass is half full.
A pessimist says: The glass is half empty.
An engineer says: The glass is too big.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#34 User is offline   Miron 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-June-12, 01:11

kfgauss, on Jun 10 2006, 05:04 PM, said:

Elianna, on Jun 8 2006, 05:42 PM, said:

As a mathematician, I find this a bit unfair. While we may have fun reducing problems to previously solved problems, I don't think we reduce non-problems to previously solved problems. ;)

(Or maybe this is a harsher critique than I'd originally thought. :P )

There are many versions of this joke. A nice variant goes something like:

An engineer wakes up and sees that the house is on fire, grabs a trashcan, fills it with water, and puts out the fire.

A physicist wakes up and sees that the house is on fire, sees a fire hose, calculates the precise trajectory [etc etc physics nonsense] and puts out the fire.

A mathematician wakes up and sees that the house is on fire, sees the fire hose, says "Aha! A solution exists!" and goes back to sleep.

Andy

The mathematician sees the fire hose, tests whether the water could be running (turns it on and off). And now he says "A solution exists". ;)

#35 User is offline   sceptic 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-June-13, 04:51

One day, a man came home and was greeted by his wife dressed in a very sexy nightie. "Tie me up," she purred, "and you can do anything you want."

So he tied her up and went golfing.

A wife was making a breakfast of fried eggs for her husband. Suddenly, her husband burst into the kitchen. "Careful," he said, "CAREFUL! Put in some more butter! Oh my GOD! You're cooking too many at once. TOO MANY! Turn them! TURN THEM NOW! We need more butter.

Oh my GOD! WHERE are we going to get MORE BUTTER?
They're going to STICK! Careful....CAREFUL! I said be
CAREFUL! You NEVER listen to me when you're cooking!
Never! Turn them! Hurry up! Are you CRAZY?

Have you LOST your mind? Don't forget to salt them. You know you always forget to salt them. Use the salt. USE THE SALT! THE SALT!"

The wife stared at him. "What in the world is wrong with you? You think I don't know how to fry a couple of eggs?"

The husband calmly replied, "I wanted to show you what it feels like when I 'm driving."

#36 User is offline   sceptic 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-June-13, 04:54

CLYDE AND THE TRUCK ACCIDENT

An old farmer named Clyde had a car accident. In court, the trucking

company's fancy lawyer was questioning Clyde.

"Didn't you say at the scene of the accident, 'I'm fine,'?" asked the

lawyer.

Clyde responded, "Well, I'll tell you what happened. I had just

loaded my favorite mule, Bessie, into the......"

"I didn't ask for any details," the lawyer interrupted. "Just answer

the question. Did you not say, at the scene of the accident, "I'm

fine!'?"

Clyde said, "Well, I had just got Bessie into the trailer and was

driving down the road...."

The lawyer interrupted again and said, "Judge, I am trying to

establish the fact that at the scene of the accident, this man told

the highway patrolman on the scene that he was just fine. Now several

weeks after the accident he is trying to sue my client. I believe he

is a fraud. Please tell him to simply answer the question."

By this time, the Judge was fairly interested in Clyde's answer and

said to the lawyer, "I'd like to hear what he has to say about his

favorite mule, Bessie."

Clyde thanked the Judge and proceeded, "Well... As I was sayin', I

had just loaded Bessie, my favorite mule, into the trailer and was

drivin' her down the highway when this huge semi ran the stop sign

and smacked my truck right in the side. I was thrown into one ditch

& gt; and Bessie was thrown into the other. I was hurtin' real bad and

didn't want to move. However, I could hear ole Bessie moanin' and

groanin'. I knew she was in terrible shape just by her groans.

Real soon a highway patrolman came on the scene. He could hear

Bessie moanin' and groanin', too. So, he went over to her. After he

looked at her, he took out his gun and shot her between the eyes.

Then the patrolman came across the road, gun in hand, looked at me,

and said, 'How are YOU feeling?'

"Now what would you say?"

#37 User is offline   Sigi_BC84 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-June-18, 18:36

An undergrad computer science student is geo-caching in the forest with that fancy new GPS receiver he just bought. [replace that by "takes a walk in the forest" if you want but I don't think it sounds credible here ;-).]

After a while, way into the woods, he approaches a swamp he's never seen before on his various journeys. Taking a closer look, suddenly a frog jumps out of the swap right in front of his feet. The frog sits there and stares at him.

The student picks up the frog, and suddenly the frog says:

- "I'm a cursed princess, once I was renowned for my beauty, but an evil witch turned me into this frog. Kiss me and you will liberate me and I'll become your wife till death do us part."

The student ponders for a short while and then replies:

- "Nah, I don't think I'm gonna do that."

- "Why not? Are you married already and won't cheat on your wife?"

The student puts the frog in his pocket and says:

- "Nah, I don't even had sex before, but, you know, there are so many guys with beautiful girlfriends, that's nothing special, but keeping a talking frog, now that really owns!!"

#38 User is offline   pdmunro 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-June-22, 01:45

I read this one in a bridge book, believe it or not. It's probably better for older adults.

It's Don's 80th birthday. So the residents of the old people's home, where he lives, put in some money. And hire a lady of the night to make it a really special occasion.

The lady arrives dressed only in a fur coat. Standing at the door of Don's room, she flings open her coat, revealing all her assets, and says in a sexy voice: "Tonight's your lucky night, big boy. I'm here for super sex. What's it to be?"

Don replies in a shaky voice, "I'll take the soup, thanks."
Peter . . . . AKQ . . . . K = 3 points = 1 trick
"Of course wishes everybody to win and play as good as possible, but it is a hobby and a game, not war." 42 (BBO Forums)
"If a man speaks in the forest and there are no women around to hear is he still wrong?" anon
"Politics: an inadequate substitute for bridge." John Maynard Keynes
"This is how Europe works, it dithers, it delays, it makes cowardly small steps towards the truth and at some point that which it has admonished as impossible it embraces as inevitable." Athens University economist Yanis Varoufakis
"Krypt3ia @ Craig, dude, don't even get me started on you. You have posted so far two articles that I and others have found patently clueless. So please, step away from the keyboard before you hurt yourself." Comment on infosecisland.com
"Doing is the real hard part" Emma Coats (formerly from Pixar)
"I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again." Oscar Wilde
"Assessment, far more than religion, has become the opiate of the people" Patricia Broadfoot, Uni of Gloucestershire, UK

#39 User is offline   bid_em_up 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-June-22, 09:59

Jesus vs. Satan

Jesus and Satan were having an ongoing argument about who was better on his computer. They had been going at it for days, and God was tired of hearing all of the bickering. Finally God said, "Cool it. I am going to set up a test that will run two hours and I will judge who does the better job."

So down Satan and Jesus sat at the keyboards and typed away. They moused. They did spreadsheets. They wrote reports. They sent faxes. They sent e-mail. They sent out e-mail with attachments. They downloaded. They did some genealogy reports. They made cards. They did every known job.

About ten minutes before their time was up, lightning flashed across the sky, thunder rolled, the rain poured, and, of course, the electricity went off. Satan stared at his blank screen and screamed every curse word known in the underworld.

Jesus just sighed. The electricity finally flickered back on, and each of them rebooted their computers. Satan started searching frantically, screaming "It's gone! It's all gone! I lost everything when the power went out!"

Meanwhile, Jesus quietly started printing out all of his files from the past two hours. Satan observed this and became very irate: "Wait! He must have cheated. How did he do that?"

God shrugged and said, "Everybody knows, Jesus saves."
Is the word "pass" not in your vocabulary?
So many experts, not enough X cards.

#40 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2006-June-23, 00:42

kfgauss, on Jun 10 2006, 05:04 PM, said:

As a mathematician, I find this a bit unfair. While we may have fun reducing problems to previously solved problems, I don't think we reduce non-problems to previously solved problems. :D

I prefer this version:

A mathematician and an engineer are being interviewed for a job. The employer wants to know whether they are any good at solving practical problems, so as a test they are both asked to fry an egg.

The engineer takes an egg out of the fridge and fries it.

The mathematician takes an egg out of the fridge and fries it.

Now, as a second test, they are given the same task again, but with a twist: the fridge has been hidden.

The engineer goes about the house, finds the fridge in the cellar, takes an egg out, carries it up to the kitchen and fries it.

The mathematician goes about the house, finds the fridge in the cellar, and carries the fridge up into the kitchen, thus reducing the problem to a previously solved form.

For lots of really great math jokes, most of them in German, www.mathewitze.de.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users