• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Health care milestone US reform kicks in

#61 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-July-18, 09:54

View PostWinstonm, on 2013-July-18, 07:59, said:

Meanwhile, the House of Representatives for the 38th time passed a measure to repeal the ACA. Who do they represent?

The 1% who can afford concierge medicine and contribute the most to their campaigns.

#62 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2013-July-18, 10:48

The House GOP needs to understand that reality cannot be altered by faith in their ideology:

The events come a day after Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives called in a symbolic vote for a delay of the reform law's individual mandate, which requires nearly all Americans to have health coverage in 2014 or pay a penalty....

....the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, issued a statement late on Wednesday saying that such a delay, if enacted without other insurance market changes, would lead to skyrocketing costs for consumers.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#63 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-July-18, 17:54

View Posty66, on 2013-July-18, 08:32, said:

Themselves?

I believe that they get top-notch health care for themselves and their families for free; and forever, too, even after leaving office. Apparently the people that they are supposedly the servants of do not deserve this.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#64 User is offline   jonottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-July-18, 20:54

I for one don't believe that congresscritters are overpaid. Just underqualified.

As for their ideology, their faith seems to lie in the great God 'gerrymandering' and his track record is pretty good.
"Maybe we should all get together and buy Kaitlyn a box set of "All in the Family" for Chanukah. Archie didn't think he was a racist, the problem was with all the chinks, dagos, niggers, kikes, etc. ruining the country." ~ barmar

#65 User is offline   FM75 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-July-18, 21:47

View PostVampyr, on 2013-July-18, 17:54, said:

I believe that they get top-notch health care for themselves and their families for free; and forever, too, even after leaving office. Apparently the people that they are supposedly the servants of do not deserve this.

"I believe" is the key to this sentence. Belief is usually a very strong indication of lack of knowledge or even the intent to research. (If the belief is not politically correct, it is often labelled 'bias")

Antics with semantics:
I or we believe. He, she, or they are biased or prejudiced.

#66 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-July-18, 22:21

View PostFM75, on 2013-July-18, 21:47, said:

"I believe" is the key to this sentence. Belief is usually a very strong indication of lack of knowledge or even the intent to research. (If the belief is not politically correct, it is often labelled 'bias")

Antics with semantics:
I or we believe. He, she, or they are biased or prejudiced.

LOL if my belief is mistaken just say so.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#67 User is offline   PassedOut 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Music, films, computer programming, politics, bridge

Posted 2013-July-19, 07:34

View PostVampyr, on 2013-July-18, 22:21, said:

LOL if my belief is mistaken just say so.

I suppose that would be too direct...
:rolleyes:
The growth of wisdom may be gauged exactly by the diminution of ill temper. — Friedrich Nietzsche
The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to moralists — that is why they invented hell. — Bertrand Russell

#68 User is offline   y66 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-July-19, 07:53

Here are a few amusing examples of recorded usage from the OED definition of believe:

Malory Morte Darthur (Winch. Coll.) 141 Sir, ye may well beleve hit.

N. Udall et al. tr. Erasmus Paraphr. Newe Test. I. Luke xxiv. f. ccv, They did neither perfectly beleue theyr owne iyes, nor theyr eares, nor theyr handes.

Daily Tel. 9 Aug. 21/3 ‘I can set you out of here at any moment, laddie,’ the burly barman warned the carousers, as the train pulled out from London. ‘Not until we reach Carlisle,’ one smug youth replied. ‘Don't you believe it,’ came the growled reply.

If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users