Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Poor manners Bad table etiquette

#1 User is offline   fishermanz 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-June-03, 07:41

I am a regular user of BBO and think it is a wonderful system. I normally play in Casual and go to the first seat available. In recent months I have been unhappy about the conduct of players.
My grips are 1) Lack of information on their description and often no convention card.
2) Arrive and leave immediately, surely if you wish play it takes time to sum up the opposition and partner
3) Departing withour any notice and sometimes during a contract. I always say this is my last hands tks all and depart after it has finished
4) I have also been booted off for no apparent reason but it is difficult to stop this.

My radical suggestion is that there are two sections in casual. One as is and second where it is manatory to have a full description and convention card and agree to being polite and friendly.

Anyone else support this view?

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-June-03, 08:50

Take me to first seat is very random and non-committal. If you are looking for a less random experience try "List interesting tables". This will suggest a few tables with free seats that might be interesting to you. However the tables are locked, so it will be up to the host to accept you or not.

Games with open seats are just that - all welcome, no requirements. Table hosts with extra requirements, typically select "permission required to join", in order to avoid table hoppers.

#3 User is offline   Chas_P 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-June-03, 19:27

View Postfishermanz, on 2021-June-03, 07:41, said:

I am a regular user of BBO and think it is a wonderful system. I normally play in Casual and go to the first seat available. In recent months I have been unhappy about the conduct of players.
My grips are 1) Lack of information on their description and often no convention card.
2) Arrive and leave immediately, surely if you wish play it takes time to sum up the opposition and partner
3) Departing withour any notice and sometimes during a contract. I always say this is my last hands tks all and depart after it has finished
4) I have also been booted off for no apparent reason but it is difficult to stop this.

My radical suggestion is that there are two sections in casual. One as is and second where it is manatory to have a full description and convention card and agree to being polite and friendly.

Anyone else support this view?

You can't herd cats. Online bridge will never be the same as face-to-face bridge. Take it for what it's worth.

#4 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-June-03, 22:48

Start your own table so you are the captain. Bounce every player who ticks you off or violates one of your rules, and put them on your enemies list. Eventually you'll grow a list of compatible players.

#5 User is offline   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-June-03, 23:28

Or simply have a complete list of BBO users.

#6 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2021-June-04, 14:48

View Postfishermanz, on 2021-June-03, 07:41, said:

BBO already created Prime where good manners will be enforced
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#7 User is offline   Chas_P 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-June-11, 13:51

View Postdiana_eva, on 2021-June-03, 08:50, said:

try "List interesting tables". This will suggest a few tables with free seats that might be interesting to you. However the tables are locked, so it will be up to the host to accept you or not..

Exactly what constitutes an "interesting" table? And why are they all locked? Just curious.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users