Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking for Partner for BBO Play Looking for partner to play regularly on BBO

#1 User is offline   clare64 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-November-12, 07:36

Looking for a partner to play regularly on BBO; ACBL member, intermediate player with 10 MPs, American Standard Yellow Card

#2 User is offline   Pressman45 

• Pip

Posted 2020-November-20, 16:14

View Postclare64, on 2020-November-12, 07:36, said:

Looking for a partner to play regularly on BBO; ACBL member, intermediate player with 10 MPs, American Standard Yellow Card

Hello, just joined and flying by the seat of my pants seems like an old expression. Do not know how to go about this. I have a few master points some as old as 50 years
If you tell me what American Standard yellow card is it would help. Define regularly. Time of day how many times a week etc. Do you want references. Do you answer here or...

#3 User is online   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-November-23, 14:30

The (in)famous Yellow Card.

Note that many people think SAYC means "not 2/1 GF", and have no idea what's actually on the card. That's not denigrating them, the people that introduced them to SAYC don't either. So it's worth spending some time making up a card, if you do end up playing together, just as you would with any other new partner, to ensure partner is playing what you think they're playing.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#4 User is offline   9NTredbl 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-December-21, 17:50

View Postclare64, on 2020-November-12, 07:36, said:

Hi Clare.

I would be interested in playing. I've been having a heck of a time finding people to play with. I have been playing for about 30 years off and on. I have about 53 ACBL masterpoints. I play a pretty standard game - either 2/1 or SAYC is fine. Please let me know here or you can message me on BBO.

Best wishes,
Josh Mullet
BBO: 9NTredbl

#5 User is offline   9NTredbl 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-December-21, 17:57

View Postmycroft, on 2020-November-23, 14:30, said:

The (in)famous Yellow Card.

Note that many people think SAYC means "not 2/1 GF", and have no idea what's actually on the card. That's not denigrating them, the people that introduced them to SAYC don't either. So it's worth spending some time making up a card, if you do end up playing together, just as you would with any other new partner, to ensure partner is playing what you think they're playing.

Yes, I've noticed that, too. Good suggestion. :-)

Josh

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users